Acquired from Flyers in Ristolainen trade
Robert Hagg
Defense -- shoots L

Born Feb 8 1995 -- Uppsala, Sweden
[26 yrs. ago]
Height 6.02 -- Weight 204 [188 cm/93 kg]
Robert Hagg Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

https://thehockeywriters.com/philadelphia-flyers-robert-hagg/
Doesn't show up much on the scoresheet except in the hitting department. Haag plays a physical game but doesn't take a lot of penalties.
The Flyers have been slow cooking this kid. Will be UFA in 2022 so look for him to have his best season this year. Could be traded at the deadline or may want to re-sign in Swedaffalo.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Leftie Borgen pretty much. From his junior years I remember him vaguely as a leader on the JWC team.

Small add: The junior national team coach had a very similar approach to Granato. You need to play with some risk and learn from mistakes. Sometimes that approach loses you games even in the long run when the talent isn't there to develop and learn on the NHL level. Still, Hägg could turn out to be a useful player for us.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheMistyStranger

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I liked him as a prospect, but he didn't really turn it on. Pretty much a poor mans McCabe. Ideally he is 7D when the season starts.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Sounds like a solid bridge LHD to allow Samuelson to get a full season in Rochester.

Philly fans were happy to see him go. They felt about him about how loads of Sabres fans did about Risto.

They were upset about the picks that went for Risto.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
From reading the Flyers board, more like Risto believe it or not, cant pass, hitting himself out of position

That’s kind of the impression I’ve always had of him (just without the after whistle pushing and shoving/face washing bullshit of Ristolainen as a faux tough guy).

Reactions: CrazyPsycho

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Was very promising as a junior, but just like Risto, never took the next step (Risto took a tiny step forward).

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Not a fan. Better off as a 7th d. I expect him to be in the lineup more than he should and be someone fans dislike (like in Philly) but it's going to be lost season anyways. He's a warm body at least. We got a 1st for Risto thats all that matters

Reactions: Dirty Dog

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
From reading the Flyers board, more like Risto believe it or not, cant pass, hitting himself out of position
upload_2021-7-25_11-27-4.png

For the analytics hate Risto got, I'm surprised there hasn't been more about Hagg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad