Robby Fabbri vs Jonathan Drouin

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I'd say Drouin, based mostly on having a higher ceiling, and evidently more talent (which tend to come hand in hand anyway).

This is because both are sort of unproven. They've both shown glimpses of being solid top 6 forwards (even first liners) but haven't maintained it (partly due to injuries, and other circumstantial stuff like coaching).

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
I'd say Drouin, based mostly on having a higher ceiling, and evidently more talent (which tend to come hand in hand anyway).

This is because both are sort of unproven. They've both shown glimpses of being solid top 6 forwards (even first liners) but haven't maintained it (partly due to injuries, and other circumstantial stuff like coaching).

Drouin will win this based on pedigree, Fabbri hasn't had enough time to prove himself after his injury last year

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I won't necessarily disagree about the upside favoring Drouin, but draft position should have no bearing on it one way or another.

If we're talking about the trade value for players who are still young and largely unproven, I think draft pedigree still has a significant impact.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
If we're talking about the trade value for players who are still young and largely unproven, I think draft pedigree still has a significant impact.

Yeah, you're probably right. I forgot the OP asked about trade value and I think with two guys that have shown flashes of playing at a high level but haven't put it all together, draft position would factor into it. I think it's closer than some are making it out to be but Drouin certainly has the higher ceiling.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Fabbri is a top 6 player.

Drouin is a first line talent. Elite C or W potential.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I wouldn't of traded Fabbri for Drouin 2 seasons ago and I still wouldn't. With that said He's been too injured to hold the value Drouin did.

It will be an interesting season moving forward. Both are playing center this season, and will be heavily relied upon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad