Value of: Robby Fabbri to NYR

bfaust30

Dec 25, 2015
I think he could be a great addition to the Rangers with the speed he brings. I understand he has a lot of health problems with injuries, but will definitely be able to bounce back. Thinking something along the lines of one of the later firsts or the devils 2nd + one of spooner or vlad.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
not even close lol

start with pick 9 and then add to that.

Fabbri had a 47 pt pace last year as a 21 year old. you dont get that for a late 1st or a 2nd + one of your unwanted forwards

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I doubt the Blues are looking to move him for futures. A trade for an established top 6 winger would make sense(not spooner or Vlad). Personally I'd rather just roll the dice with his rubber band knee

Reactions: BangarangxRufio

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Didn't he have two serious knee injuries (2 ACL injuries??) to the same knee?

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Didn't he have two serious knee injuries (2 ACL injuries??) to the same knee?
Yes, he reinjured it in training camp last year. Blues shut him down for the whole year. He'd be a huge gamble, but I doubt the Blues would be looking to "get what they can".

Reactions: bl02

bluetuned

Mar 1, 2013
Chicago
Yeah the Blues are either going to want a really solid return for him, or they'll wait and hope he rebounds from his injuries. They aren't likely to move him for a diminished return. Totally understandable if teams don't want to offer much given his knee, but his potential is still very high if he can recover fully (or close to it).

It's got to be a high first or as part of a larger deal for a more established Top 6 player. They're not moving him for a late first / 2nd type of deal.

Reactions: BangarangxRufio

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Not a terrible price but I don't think we really need the picks unless they help us acquire immediate top 6 RW or C. Would rather not cut bait on Fabbri our prospect pool is looking great right now. We can recover if he never returns to form. We can't recover if he does after we trade him off for pieces.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Definitely don’t think he’d be worth giving up good value for. Coming off back to back ACL injuries is a career changer and he may not come back the same guy. No sense for the Blues to trade him, might as well see how he comes back from his injuries.

Reactions: Lays

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Armstrong isn’t a ****ing moron.

If you want a nearly 50 point 21 year old, it’ll take serious overpayment.

I wouldn’t settle for anything less than the 9th+. Or something around Hayes+ assuming STL has interest in him.

Either way, it’s going to hurt.

No interest here as a NYR fan.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Not a terrible price but I don't think we really need the picks unless they help us acquire immediate top 6 RW or C. Would rather not cut bait on Fabbri our prospect pool is looking great right now. We can recover if he never returns to form. We can't recover if he does after we trade him off for pieces.

Something around Zuccarello and Fabbri?

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
It makes little sense for the Blues to trade him. His value at its lowest, they’re better off keeping him and seeing if he can rebound to the player he was. Even if he’s just a solid option in the middle 6 it’s better than a second+. I personally think that he’s still going to be a very good player once he gets back into the swing of things.

Reactions: Chojin

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Armstrong isn’t a ****ing moron.

If you want a nearly 50 point 21 year old, it’ll take serious overpayment.

I wouldn’t settle for anything less than the 9th+. Or something around Hayes+ assuming STL has interest in him.

Either way, it’s going to hurt.

No interest here as a NYR fan.

Maybe my math is off but he finished with 37 points and was on pace for around 42/43 over 82. A lot closer to 40 than 50 points for the 21 year old. No way to Rangers trade their 9th overall +, or the 9th by itself. Rangers trading a late first is too risky for a player kept out the entire year. Doesn't make any sense to waste and asset like that.

Blues would be better off holding onto Fabbri. If he can come back and be healthy, they potentially have another weapon.

Reactions: haveandare

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Fabbri is too risky for another team to give up something that would help the Blues. As it has been stated, it makes the most sense to just roll the dice and see how he comes back after an entire year off. Sadly, he looked good last year coming into camp, but he fell into that 3% who's surgery explodes and have to have it fixed again. If he comes back to form, then he'll be right back into the top 6. If he crashes and burns, the Blues are out that position and can address it through either a trade of assets or internally replaced.

Probably right now, his value to other teams who would be taking a risk is a 1 year rental or a pick and a salary dump. Since the Blues probably won't be set for a competitive run, that wouldn't make sense from an asset management standpoint.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Fabbri isn't getting traded...nobody wants to take a risk with his ACL injuries, and the Blues wouldn't wanna risk giving away a young top 6 forward for table scraps.
100% this, he is worth more for us to chance his knees than anyone would be willing to give up

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Maybe my math is off but he finished with 37 points and was on pace for around 42/43 over 82. A lot closer to 40 than 50 points for the 21 year old. No way to Rangers trade their 9th overall +, or the 9th by itself. Rangers trading a late first is too risky for a player kept out the entire year. Doesn't make any sense to waste and asset like that.

Blues would be better off holding onto Fabbri. If he can come back and be healthy, they potentially have another weapon.
There is a misunderstanding here. 2016-17 season, as a 20/21 year old, Fabbri was on pace for 46.6 points. For the record, this was after a slow start and he was really starting to heat up...who knows what he would have scored, but 50 was definitely possible.

The season you're referencing was 2015-16, Fabbri's rookie season. He started that year at 19 and turned 20 in January of 2016. That season he scored 37 in 72 (~42 point pace) after forcing his way into the top 9 as a 19 year old. He actually scored at a higher pace if you consider the fact that his ice time and opportunities were quite limited at the start of the year. Worth mentioning that he scored 15 points in 20 playoff games that year as a 20 year old.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I think he could be a great addition to the Rangers with the speed he brings. I understand he has a lot of health problems with injuries, but will definitely be able to bounce back. Thinking something along the lines of one of the later firsts or the devils 2nd + one of spooner or vlad.
I think I have asked you this a million times. Do you ever consider the other team in trades, or just the Rangers? If Robbi Fabbri was on the Rangers, would you trade him for that? I'll give you the answer, absolutely not. :facepalm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad