Waived: Rob Scuderi

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Anyone know if his salary is in the minors, how much more of a cap hit of a player we can acquire? I know he's owed over $600K the rest of the year at the NHL level. Not sure how much deadline flexibility that creates.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Can't see anybody picking him up.

Maybe Toronto will? They can use some veteran presence. :)

I'm not quite sure Rockford wants to pick him up.

Obviously, it's a trade deadline move ... along with Sved and Gus being better options.

How much do we save on the cap considering Pitt is taking half his hit this year?

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Maybe we can finally lay to rest the myth that Q likes Vets more than young guys? Here he is, having no use for a guy like Scuderi, and plugging in guys like TvR, Gus, and Sved instead.

WJSN

Cosmic
Dec 22, 2013
I still wonder whether retained Scuderi was the best Bowman could have done w/ Daley.

Bowman deserves a lot of blame for 1) getting nothing but dead weight for Sharp and Johns 2) not knowing his coach when acquiring these Dmen (Daley, Scuds).

Penguins fans can celebrate winning this trade I guess. I'll laugh when their mediocre team gets bounced in the first round again.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
I think Daley has a NTC and he requested to go to Pittsburgh so it tied Stans hands a little.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I still wonder whether retained Scuderi was the best Bowman could have done w/ Daley.

Bowman deserves a lot of blame for 1) getting nothing but dead weight for Sharp and Johns 2) not knowing his coach when acquiring these Dmen (Daley, Scuds).

Penguins fans can celebrate winning this trade I guess. I'll laugh when their mediocre team gets bounced in the first round again.

Hey we were just happy to move Scuderi. The fact that we got a competent player for our system in return is a huge bonus.

We know we are likely to get bounced in the 1st round so laugh away :laugh:

MTP

I Love Shinpads
Jan 19, 2010
Downers Grove, IL

Realistically, you have no idea what the other offers for Daley were so it's tough to assign any sort of blame regarding the return. Same with the Sharp trade.

TeddyGoalsevelt

Duke of Earl
Jun 6, 2015
The Region
Can we stop going on about the Sharp trade? No one was just going to do the Hawks any favors. It was purely a cap dump while trying to get a couple cheap vets. If the vets could have an impact, great. If not, they can be traded/waived.

Garbutt turned into Sekac.
Daley turned into Scuds. Scuds is waived.

The result is we traded Sharp for cap space. I'd do the deal again.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Good grief.

Still amazing Bowman got the Pens to retain on him.

Why? Even after retention Scuderi is a $2.5M cap hit that is effectively an AHL player. Daley, for all his flaws, is still a legit NHL dman.

Think of it this way - it's possible that Daley gets claimed on waivers, at which point there is 0 cap hit. Now the Hawks are stuck with $2.5M for Scuderi, or $1.5M if he's playing in Rockford.

WJSN

Cosmic
Dec 22, 2013
Realistically, you have no idea what the other offers for Daley were so it's tough to assign any sort of blame regarding the return. Same with the Sharp trade.

With your logic, you can never blame a GM for making any trade because no GM will come out and say "I had these offers for this player and I picked this one". I guess you can give him the benefit of doubt and say Scuderi was the best he could do.

I'm no BWC. I'm happy with Bowman overall and the job he's done. I just think those were ****** trades.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Why? Even after retention Scuderi is a $2.5M cap hit that is effectively an AHL player. Daley, for all his flaws, is still a legit NHL dman.

Think of it this way - it's possible that Daley gets claimed on waivers, at which point there is 0 cap hit. Now the Hawks are stuck with $2.5M for Scuderi, or $1.5M if he's playing in Rockford.

Logical ... but then we also have a bunch of fans still grumbling about getting nothing for Sharpie and Johns, regardless of a necessary salary dump.

And it's also possible that no one wanted Daley ... even off of waivers. If that happened, Daley's value would have been negative like Bickell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad