Rob Schremp

Status
Not open for further replies.

MePutPuckInNet

Jan 1, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
hockeyGod said:
From what I have watched of Schremp. Plus I have skated on the same ice as him he is very nifty with the puck, but from what has been said already I really dought those moves will work in the NHL. Plus he seems to shoot everytime he gets the puck on the PP. I dont know if that was the gameplan of the Knights but if I was on that PP as well I would not be a fan of this. Ive played with a guy that isnt even as bad as Robbie at being selfish and it was sooooo frustrating. Anyways, he had like a million shots in that tourny and had a real tough time finding the mesh. Thats just my take, put him with a playmaker and it MIGHT work, but if not, then he will not be an elite scorer or maybe even an NHLer.

Big time bust potential

hmmm... May I ask where you "skated on the same ice" with him? And who else you played with? I'm just curious, for certain reasons...and I don't mean that as a challenge to you. [feel free to PM it, if you'd rather not reveal it publicly ;) ]

I don't think I'd personally call him "selfish" with the puck - but I would agree that he might have a tendency to "not see" some of his teammates when they're calling for the puck at times. And I definitely agree that he shoots too much on the PP. [Especially because he's really not that great at winning the inevitable face-offs that are often the result :D ].

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
MePutPuckInNet said:
I don't think I'd personally call him "selfish" with the puck - but I would agree that he might have a tendency to "not see" some of his teammates when they're calling for the puck at times.
I've seen him "not see" teammates a number of times.... but I'm curious how that doesn't make him selfish?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Charlie_Girl49 said:
I've seen him "not see" teammates a number of times.... but I'm curious how that doesn't make him selfish?

When you've got the best shot on the ice, what are you supposed to do??? He keeps the defense honest enough, and by shooting often, when he does pass the puck, it throws off the defense which helps his team. If he starts hogging the puck to the point that when he passes the puck his teammate has a coronary, then you know that he's hurting his team!!!

pucks1

Apr 23, 2004
Bryanbryoil said:
When you've got the best shot on the ice, what are you supposed to do??? He keeps the defense honest enough, and by shooting often, when he does pass the puck, it throws off the defense which helps his team. If he starts hogging the puck to the point that when he passes the puck his teammate has a coronary, then you know that he's hurting his team!!!
Agreed, London had the #1 power play all season, whats the problem :dunno: . I belived I heard that the Oliers Scouts told him he needs to shoot more before last season. Is this tru?

DLMDLM

Aug 24, 2004
London Ontario
Yes they did want to see him shoot more. At the time he was looking for the cross crease winner too often. The knights work the pp around and cycle for half a minute sometimes just to get schemp that shot... they know he's going to unload a beauty and crash the crease for a rebound. He couldn't buy a goal in the mem cup but when he's hot and snips one top corner from a bad angle 9000 people oooooooooooooooo..... did you see that amazed! I don't know if that translates to the nhl but that is why the oilers want him to shoot and so do his teammates.

OHLArenaGuide

it's dot com
Dec 4, 2003
London, ON
www.ohlarenaguide.com
The one thing that Schremp has more than just about anyone else his age is the "Did you see that?" factor. He's maddeningly inconsistent and he's got flaws, but no one else can make you turn to the guy next to you and say "Did you see that?" better than Schremp.

pucks1

Apr 23, 2004
sec17 said:
The one thing that Schremp has more than just about anyone else his age is the "Did you see that?" factor. He's maddeningly inconsistent and he's got flaws, but no one else can make you turn to the guy next to you and say "Did you see that?" better than Schremp.
:handclap: ^ Thanks why the call him a Wizard with the puck. Hes very fun to watch.

Twist and Shout

Dec 30, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
I've played with Schrempo and he is in a league of his own when he's on his game. The claims of him having questionable attitude are certainly unfounded, and a little bit of cockyness never hurt anyone. He has the potential to be an impact player in the NHL, and I am positive he will reach that potential.

To the people who think his moves won't work in the NHL.... obviously some of them won't but the beauty of watching someone who has that much talent is that the player is likely to keep adjusting to new playing surroundings while learning new tricks that work for them in that league. Edmonton lucked out by getting him so late last year.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I think Schremp may need a year or two more, but then will be on a top line with Pouliot in a few years and they may become a duo similar to Lindros-Recchi (except less powerful)

Kirk- NEHJ

Aug 22, 2002
CAV Country!
www.hockeyjournal.com
Not a Schremp fan, but he will probably be a player.

Whether or not he justifies the incredible hype that has surrounded him here since he was 14 years old remains to be seen.

FACT: The Oilers got very good value where they selected him a year ago.

FACT: He will do things you can't teach, which simply put, makes him a threat to score each and every time he's on the ice.

FICTION: Junior production guarantees NHL success.

It will be very interesting to see what he does as a pro. For once, I'd just like to see him go out and do his thing without the platitudes from each side declaring why he will or won't be a scoring machine in the NHL. From what I have seen and heard, he will probably be somewhere in the middle.

But, I'm certainly not rooting for the guy to fail. The NHL needs talented forwards more than ever.

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
hockeyman28 said:
I think Schremp may need a year or two more, but then will be on a top line with Pouliot in a few years and they may become a duo similar to Lindros-Recchi (except less powerful)

As an Oilers fan I'll be thrilled if one of them comes close to being the player Recchi has been over his career. Nevermind Lindros, that's just not gonna happen.

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
Bryanbryoil said:
In what, face-offs??? Schremp has a better shot,is a better passer/stick handler, so how do you see that Pouliot is superior??? Neither are speed demons, out-side of face-offs and sheer size, IMO Schremp wins this competition. I also believe that even though Pouliot is bigger, Schremp is stronger on his skates.

Shremp a better passer than Pouliot ?

I Think Pouliot is underated here

Oiltalk

May 20, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
reffree said:

Yes Schremp is the better passer, and has the better shot. If both make the NHL with their current playing style Pouliot will be the better two way player, and Schremp the offensive guy.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
reffree said:

If he is it's not by very much. I agree MAP playmaking skills are very underated. Also with regards to their shots, Schremp has a much better slap shot, but there wrist and snap shots arn't far off each other, with the slight edge for Schremp in speed, while Pouliot's shot is a bit more accurate.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
reffree said:

Judging by their Memorial Cup performances, Schremp was passing tape to tape, while many times Pouliot's passes were off just enough to kill or slow down the play. As an Oiler fan, I hope that I'm underrating him, because if not he really needs to work on his passing. His shot IMO is accurate and very good. But all in all, Schremp is the superior prospect IMO.

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
Bryanbryoil said:
Judging by their Memorial Cup performances, Schremp was passing tape to tape, while many times Pouliot's passes were off just enough to kill or slow down the play. As an Oiler fan, I hope that I'm underrating him, because if not he really needs to work on his passing. His shot IMO is accurate and very good. But all in all, Schremp is the superior prospect IMO.

I've only see Shremp at the U20 and Mem Cup but a didn't see anything to say he's a better playmaker than Pouliot, but I'll defenitly rewatch some game, cause maybe I'm missing something, but as of now my choice for the better playmaker goes to Pouliot.

To my point of view Shremp is overated and Pouliot underated here. Not that Shremp isn't good but for him to pass the 100 pts he'll have to score 60-70 goal per year. I only see him play 5-6 time and I agree he have a great shot and really soft hands, but that's all I see.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
reffree said:
I've only see Shremp at the U20 and Mem Cup but a didn't see anything to say he's a better playmaker than Pouliot, but I'll defenitly rewatch some game, cause maybe I'm missing something, but as of now my choice for the better playmaker goes to Pouliot.

To my point of view Shremp is overated and Pouliot underated here. Not that Shremp isn't good but for him to pass the 100 pts he'll have to score 60-70 goal per year. I only see him play 5-6 time and I agree he have a great shot and really soft hands, but that's all I see.

I hope that you're right because then maybe Schremp could move to the wing and benefit from Pouliot's play-making ability and utilize his big shot. You sound like a person who has seen Pouliot often, would you consider Rimouski's Memorial Cup games as a good gauge for Pouliot??? Or was he playing more poorly or better than he usually did??? Thanks, Bryan

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
he loves that "Thanks for the support" he's been signing that way since he was 13...he signed his syracuse stars jersey that he gave me that way 4 years ago

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
pucks1 said:
Found this when surffing the web. You might find it intresting. Kinda funny how they said he had an atitude which made him drop in the draft.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/campbell_929/img112.jpg

Wow, would an ultra cocky, stuck up guy with a major chip on his shoulder even take the time to sign his name??? Wow, that's really cool of the kid, he's alright in my books!!! "not just because I'm an Oiler fan either!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad