Feb 4, 2010
Prague
tenor.gif
A King Curtis .gif...you're alright

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
He's technically been part of Boston's organization for like seven years. He plays for a coach whose defensive system makes solid veterans look like ECHL guys. I know O'Gara looks bad, but I'm still withholding judgment.

Agreed. I watched the guy in college and I've seen him in the A. He does NOT excel when he plays with slow defensemen (shocker - a guy without great agility doesn't play well with a guy without great speed or agility). I want to see him with a faster skater on his side.

AV is trash and his defensive pairings are hot garbage.

I'd actually like to see him with either Pionk or Gilmour. Someone with some form of speed.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
This idiot doesn't even deserve a thread. Shoot him into the sun and never mention his name again. He's brutal.

Reactions: LeetchisGod

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Agreed. I watched the guy in college and I've seen him in the A. He does NOT excel when he plays with slow defensemen (shocker - a guy without great agility doesn't play well with a guy without great speed or agility). I want to see him with a faster skater on his side.

AV is trash and his defensive pairings are hot garbage.

I'd actually like to see him with either Pionk or Gilmour. Someone with some form of speed.
He's played with ADA the past 2 games. Not to make too much out of 2 games but he hasn't been any better.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Some of our defensemen have real issues defending but can move the puck really well and create offense. O'Gara seems also to have issues defending--moves the puck okay but is not really into creating offense. I can't say that I like him very much so far. To me he looks more like he needs to be in the AHL than Gilmour and DeAngelo. Pionk looks to me to be the best at this point. Then Gilmour and DeAngelo are kind of tied. Tony was playing pretty well IMO for a couple weeks or so but the last few games he's been putrid. I was looking at his stat sheet and 6 of his 7 assists are on the power play. We could use a bit more 5 v 5 production from a player who is our most talented offensive defenseman currently playing----if we want to win more games anyway. I'm kind of on the fence of winning a few over just losing them all. In the latter respect I don't think O'Gara is hurting us at all.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
No harm in him getting NHL games in. System is bad, so it makes everyone look worse. Let him play at NHL speed for 20 games so he has a better idea as to what it takes to play at this level. See what happens next season with a cheap QO. could be the #7/8 D on the roster next season.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Some people said he is fast for a big guy. I don't see it. He seems to be lumberjacking out there.

fast and agile are two different things

He's looked pretty bad. But not sure what anyone expected. The dude was traded as a throw in of a 3rd for rental Nick Holden.

Jury is out, he isn't an NHL regular

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
he hasn't impressed,
after the road trip maybe try someone else
Bigras unlikely to be worse
or give Pedrie some games
or, as just mentioned, some more for Sproul

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
He's technically been part of Boston's organization for like seven years. He plays for a coach whose defensive system makes solid veterans look like ECHL guys. I know O'Gara looks bad, but I'm still withholding judgment.
I signed in today to say exactly what you said there. Under AV, his D system is horrendous. Under a better coach I think he'll be pretty good.

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I signed in today to say exactly what you said there. Under AV, his D system is horrendous. Under a better coach I think he'll be pretty good.
Right. McDonagh looked like garbage at times. Part of that was him slipping (probably a small part), the rest was just having no idea what to do in this "system" we employ. If a system makes McDonagh look bad, what does it do to a guy like O'Gara?

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
He's looked awful but again..who hasn't this year. New coach.. Lets see him in camp next year and judge him based On that.

Reactions: Bozle

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
They traded Nick Holden for a 3rd and younger Nick Holden. That’s all I’ve got t say about that.
People are going to hate me...but I actually really liked Nick holdens game...he was just woefully mismanaged by vigneault.

Holden playing 12 mins a night in a sheltered role is awesome. Holden playing 20 mins on the top pair? Fml

Ogara...at least from what I've seen...is not an nhl player
...but again...the system...I need to see more.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I’m feeling ok about O’Gara. He seems quite limited offensively but he has been active and physical in his own end. He moves well and I think has a chance. Who knows. But I’m not as down on him as many others are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad