Rumor: Rob Kerr And Charlie Simmer let go by Sportsnet

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Always feel bad when someone is fired, espwcially if they haven't really done anything wrong. Either way, best of luck to Kerr and here's hoping we can get a good PBP announcer.

SickHandsNoShot

May 7, 2012
Ya I have a feeling we are going to see a lot of "YESSS!!! FINALLY!!!!" .... But really I do feel bad for them.

Im almost positive they were not let go completely let go by Sportsnet. Im sure at least Kerr will be heard from on the radio, much like Loubardias, if he sticks in Calgary.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Always feel bad when someone is fired, espwcially if they haven't really done anything wrong. Either way, best of luck to Kerr and here's hoping we can get a good PBP announcer.
I would say bad play by play and poor colour commentary is doing something wrong when it is their job after all.

I wonder who could be up for the job. Could we see the return of Loubo? Millions back in the booth? Ryan Pinder the former pbp man with the Heat? Someone from CBC like Rick Ball?

I would love to see Pinder get the chance, Rick Ball would be my #2 choice.

iggy12

May 25, 2004
I think this could be predicted as TSN and CBC will have better Talent going into the market for this job. I really liked Kerr on the radio he is much better at carrying a discussion than doing PBP. Charlie "keep your feet moving" Simmer was really bad as well he never bought too much interesting perspective into the game.

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
Rob Kerr made me laugh a lot of times. I mean look at his "The Raven" intro when Ramo started up. His play by play wasn't bad although mistakes were often made. Sucks to see him fired when I've listened to him for so long. Unfortunately all I can say on Charlie Simmer on the other hand is that he really bored me.

I hope both find future careers that work out better.

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
Is TSN letting any of their guys go at the end of the playoffs? I really doubt a guy would want to go from calling games nationally to a smaller market.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
I would say bad play by play and poor colour commentary is doing something wrong when it is their job after all.

I wonder who could be up for the job. Could we see the return of Loubo? Millions back in the booth? Ryan Pinder the former pbp man with the Heat? Someone from CBC like Rick Ball?

I would love to see Pinder get the chance, Rick Ball would be my #2 choice.

Yeah, you could say that, but I'm talking more in the sense of them not being truthful; something to that extent. Either way, I hope they can find a job somewhere!

StreakingRed

Jan 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Glad Kerr won't be callin' games anymore, but I'd love to see him back on the Fan 960 for the afternoon show, which has sucked since they fired Leslie.

TheClassicK*

I thought Kerr and Simmer were fantastic all season. Never understood the criticism that went toward them on the Flames Facebook page. If it's the mistakes Kerr makes that the people don't like, I've seen much worse from other commentators.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I thought Kerr's enthusiasm was refreshing, even though it was a little over the top. I would love to see Kerr back on the radio, even switching with Loubo would make sense. I do like Pinder as well, he would be an interesting choice.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I thought Kerr's enthusiasm was refreshing, even though it was a little over the top. I would love to see Kerr back on the radio, even switching with Loubo would make sense. I do like Pinder as well, he would be an interesting choice.
Pinder is very good IMO, I was quite disappointed when he left the Heat

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Kerr was good on the Fan960 but terrible doing the play by play. I am glad he's finally gone but I hope he goes back to doing radio.

Simmer, eh, he was easy to tune out.

Hope they hire someone good. Or Loubardias.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Wow, I gotta say this I didn't expect this. Sucks to hear they lost their jobs, but I made no effort to hide my dislike for Kerr's PBP. Didn't mind Simmer's CC but, like it's been pointed out, he's easy to drown out and kinda dull.

both Gord Miller and Chris Cuthbert are staying with TSN

Not just that, but a lot of the TSN guys have reenforced their solidarity with staying on TSN after the Sportsnet/NHL deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad