Road Warriors are now the Swamp Rabbits

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Should have been Swamp Wabbits. What an opportunity lost.

wabbit.jpg

olebaron

Aug 27, 2014
Oklahoma City
swamp rabitt

WTF?! Only in minor league sports. There's such a thing as a Swamp Rabbit?

There is such an animal called swamp rabbit. It lives in the southeastern US and its habitat is wetlands. It is a good swimmer and can escape predators by going for a swim. It is the largest of the cottontail family. (see google)

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
It's goofy, but folks are talking about it. So long as you don't piss people off, a la the very short-lived London Rippers baseball team, getting public attention is paramount in minor league sports. How many people would be talking about an ECHL team in South Carolina if they didn't make an off-the-wall name change and logo, after all?

Now they need to have a giant Jimmy Carter whacking the mascot while riding a zamboni during intermissions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Carter_rabbit_incident

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I just now found out about this. Two things I will miss about the "Road Warriors" name.

1. The Road Warrior Rage billboards around Greenville (If you've ever driven in Greenville, you'll probably know what I'm talking about as the drivers there are not the smartest)

2. The weird mascot that looked like Rancor from Star Wars, I can only imagine how many children were traumatized by that thing :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad