Road trips for the 2014-15 season

TesseracT

Go Ducks! Go Huskies!
May 29, 2011
Knoxville, TN
I'll be at the Boston game of course. If anybody is out this way I'd be more than okay showing them around the best places to pre-game in Boston.

I also try to get to the New York games but no guarantee there.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Probably going to be in New York when the Ducks visit the islanders, and we're going through New Jersey on that trip apparently so maybe I'll see them play the Isles and Devils.

TesseracT

Go Ducks! Go Huskies!
May 29, 2011
Knoxville, TN
I'm planning on catching the last game at Nassau Coliseum for the Ducks in March. Have to see a game in that old barn before the Isles leave town. Plus any excuse to go to New York is a good one. (I saw the Ducks at MSG back in 09)

That game is on a Saturday so I'll probably be there as well. They play the Bruins the Thursday before that game. Then cruise down on Friday for the Islanders game. :yo:

I went to the Islanders game last season. The arena is pretty junky but that's to be expected. The fans were real nice though. Definitely worth a visit before they move to Brooklyn.

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust
That game is on a Saturday so I'll probably be there as well. They play the Bruins the Thursday before that game. Then cruise down on Friday for the Islanders game. :yo:

I went to the Islanders game last season. The arena is pretty junky but that's to be expected. The fans were real nice though. Definitely worth a visit before they move to Brooklyn.

If that building isn't as crappy as everyone always talks about I'll be really disappointed. I love those old buildings. We need to cherish them while they're still here.

On a slightly related note do you guys realize that once the Isles move and Detroit and Edmonton finish their new buildings that the Pond will be the third (tied at least with SAP) oldest building in the league? Crazy.

TesseracT

Go Ducks! Go Huskies!
May 29, 2011
Knoxville, TN
If that building isn't as crappy as everyone always talks about I'll be really disappointed. I love those old buildings. We need to cherish them while they're still here.

It actually wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Seemed like normal wear and tear on an old building. I was expecting extreme neglect which wasn't really the case.

TesseracT

Go Ducks! Go Huskies!
May 29, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Probably going to be in New York when the Ducks visit the islanders, and we're going through New Jersey on that trip apparently so maybe I'll see them play the Isles and Devils.

The New Jersey arena is REALLY nice. I loved the look of it. It's in kind of a crappy area because all of Newark is pretty crappy. The fans have more grit than Islanders fans but, again, it's something you'd expect. Though after reading what some fans go through at Staples it'll seem like Disneyland. I've found fans in the Northeast are passionate about their sports but they'll only give you hell in a sportsman-like way. I haven't been to Staples in a while but LA fans seem to talk trash just to talk trash and start fights.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
The trips to arizona are pretty easy and cheap

Been there. But if I get an interview at Midwestern I may stick around and see one (it may not be against the ducks though).

Most the places left for me to see are back east or "secluded" like Minnesota or Colorado.

Last edited:

George Binks

#MakeAnaheimGr8Again
Jul 28, 2012
Been there. But if I get an interview at Midwestern I may stick around and see one (it may not be against the ducks though).

Most the places left for me to see are back east or "secluded" like Minnesota or Colorado.

Went to Denver last year and lived it, absolutely recommend it..... Also the Ducks won ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad