Road Trip To Winnipeg

Chaosmonkey

Sep 15, 2011
Mrs. Mikes for burgers in St. Boniface would be my suggestion. I'm pretty sure they should be open for late Feb. (Depends year to year how long they close for winter, last few years it wasn't that long, but one of the owners died this summer IIRC.)

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
If were talking burgers I really like George's on the corner of St. Marys and Bishop Grandin

OnionPuck

Mar 22, 2011
WPG
Is the festival du voyager still going on at that time? If so you should check it out.

The forks river trail is really nice. Can play some pickup there too.

The kingshead is a pretty hopping pub... if you want something a bit more upscale head to Rudy's (I can't believe how packed it was Saturday, with people in your age range too).

In terms of food... we have so many amazing restaurants. I'd recommend checking something like tripadvisor.

(And if you wanted to do something a bit more refined, the city has a great cultural scene... check out the art gallery/museums/the ballet/symphony/a play. The shopping is probably pretty good compared to where you're from, so it wouldn't be a total waste of time to hit up the malls.)

fitzy0019

Oct 12, 2011
winnipeg
Nice thanks for all the replys guys so far were ages 24-25 and were pumped to eat these winnipeg burgers

assuming a hotel is booked. what area of the city are you staying? it will make venues you gotta visit easier rather than travelling across the city to hit everything. im about your age and always have a solid night out while downtown

RECCE

The Dog House
Apr 29, 2010
Margaritaville

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 12

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
The pal for sure. The food is a small part of the night IMO, the pal is the prototypical cougar bar slash best bet at getting laid.

..if your willing to stoop down a rung or two on the "ladder" lol

I'm 25 myself and if there is ever a night where more hardcore is required, the pal is usually the target.

Go Jets Go!

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
I'll skip the poutine and river skating recommendations I'd make for an American visitor, especially since Ottawa has a pretty good trail IIRC.

Best pub: King's Head - close to the MTS center in the historic Exchange district, awesome architecture in that area, pretty packed on the weekends

Best burger (in the winter): Daly or Original George's - try to get a Winnipeg style burger while you're here

:eek::thumbd::huh::loony::skeptic::whaaa?:

Just in case that doesn't say it well enough, I am not a fan.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
The Daly Burger on Pembina bites. Maybe it's who you get making the burgers, but George's on St. Mary's at Bishop kicks their heinie right down the road. Same guy owns it that started out on St. Anne's Road back in the early 1980s. His name? Yup, George.

I'm good with the notion of people preferring White Top, VJs, Dairy Whip and Mrs. Mikes. If you're in the St. B area though I'd go with Dairy Whip and Teasers. I'm not sure what order to visit those establishments though.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
NO%20RAGE.png

there's nothing special about George's burgers and subs. They're edible, but hardly great. Superboys is better, and I don't like them. White Top, VJ's, Dairy Whip, Mrs. Mikes, all are delicious.
Too each there own I guess. I quite liked it. But on the places you listed I've only been to Mrs. Mikes which was comparable imo.

RECCE

The Dog House
Apr 29, 2010
Margaritaville
I've been to Blondies on Main a couple times (years ago, like 10-13 years) although I've also heard mixed reviews, I liked it.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Come on guys you can't send a couple of out of town 25 year olds to the Palamino!!!! They will get torn apart by the 40 year old housewives that hunt on those grounds....These poor guys will wake up in the morning not knowing what or who they did last night...The deep scratches and bite marks will be the only evidence left behind of the attack...

Run guys Run it's a trick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Love all the burger suggestions lol. Gonna save a few of those establishments to try out. My personal favorite is The Burger Place on portage by the park

fitzy0019

Oct 12, 2011
winnipeg
me and a few friends did a burger challenge a few summers ago. we bought a burger from all the "famous" spots around town. each of us had a different fav. mine is georges(st marys), other guys is Johnnys(on marion), and the other had superboys(main)

Libertyhaze

Jan 10, 2013
Vancouver
Love all the burger suggestions lol. Gonna save a few of those establishments to try out. My personal favorite is The Burger Place on portage by the park

This guy knows whats up! The burger place is run by the old owner (and founder) of daly burger. It's a dive but so good!

Also im pretty sure mrs mikes is closed right now, i tried to go there a few weeks back, and daly burger on pembina does indeed suck, corydon is alot better imo :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad