Patriots/NFL Road to the Super Bowl 2022 - playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ylekot

Still evaluating..
Feb 2, 2010
Paxton Massachusetts
Hard disagree.

The Bills had a chance to get the ball in OT. All they had to do was keep KC out of the end zone, and they couldn't do it.

This isn't Little League where everybody gets a turn. You either execute when it matters - on offense OR defense - or you go home.
they obviously changed it years ago so that a field goal doesn't win it. I think that was the right call then and wouldn't change it. The college OT is as dumb as the NHL shootout in my opinion.

the bills really needed to put the final kick off in play and take there chances that Hill doesn't make them pay. the time taken off was more valuable then the field position and if they are not near the 50 yard line, they have one hail mary and barring a D penalty game is over. Its truly incredible what Mahomes and teammates did with 13 seconds. Sometime you just have to tip your cap

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Hard disagree.

The Bills had a chance to get the ball in OT. All they had to do was keep KC out of the end zone, and they couldn't do it.

This isn't Little League where everybody gets a turn. You either execute when it matters - on offense OR defense - or you go home.
The old rules were stupid with a FG wins it. I like these rules as well. It incorporates all phases of the game and strategy and coaching into the OT.

Knox Harrington

May 28, 2021
I’d like to see playoff OT ditch sudden death and play the entire 15 min period. Maybe add a gimmick where you have to go for two to lower the chances for additional ties.

Turns into a basketball game giving these guys four downs with timeouts remaining plus the 2 min warning.

Reactions: sarge88

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Denver is where I hear most. But his wife really wants him in California. The Raiders make a lot of sense. Seattle is possible, I suppose. Maybe SF is willing to eff with Lance for a year or two more? Rodgers is a 9ers fan and they do need that final huge piece. Checks a lot of boxes.

If he’s open to anywhere, Indy works. They’d be in good shape.

Retirement and total control after a year is also a genuine possibility. He’s old, but he’s not that old, he could easily take a year off.

Take it from a lifelong Packers diehard…Rodgers going back to GB would flat out shock me. If it was that or retire…he’d retire.
I agree with you. 90% chance he's gone and I'm OK with that. We had a good run.

The hard part is that if Rodgers goes, most likely Devante goes too and that's what hurts more. I think a trade with Vegas makes a lot of sense. Rodgers for Carr + Picks. You saw what the Rams did by upgrading from Goff to Stafford and I think that makes a lot of sense for Vegas. I'm not sold on Love being the solution and I like Carr. Also, Devante played with Carr in college, so that might make a difference in contract negotiations.

I really like what we are doing on defense. When you figure that we've got a lot of good young talent and played most of the season with our 2 best players on D out for almost all of the season. Gonna be a very different Packers team moving forward (focus on defense and running game) but I think we can definitely be competitive.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I’d like to see playoff OT ditch sudden death and play the entire 15 min period. Maybe add a gimmick where you have to go for two to lower the chances for additional ties.

Turns into a basketball game giving these guys four downs with timeouts remaining plus the 2 min warning.
I disagree here.

Keep it as is, or change it to college rules. No need to play the whole 15 min.

Personally, the format now is fine with me. Don't start with the ball? Don't give up a TD and you'll get a chance to win it.

Not the leagues fault the Bills are stupid and tried to single cover Kelce in the redzone with a LB.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Coaches are part of the TEAM. They sure as hell didn't do their jobs to their best abilities, so you're
wrong on that point.
They sure are, but despite that. All they had to do was play 13 seconds of defense.

A side note, they will probably lose both there coordinators. So we'll see how that affects them

Reactions: sarge88

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
If they used college OT rules this game would've ended up like that Boise State-Oklahoma Fiesta Bowl back in the day and gone like 7 OTs and ended on some gadget play.

Fair or not fair, you had a 3 point lead with 13 seconds left and the ball at the 25. You don't deserve another chance.

Reactions: JRull86

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Why would the 9ers want Rodgers after he choked numerous times against them? The guy is a great QB but is a weirdo and for the money he gets I wouldn’t want him on my team if he’s just gonna choke when it matters most.

cbbb25

Jan 17, 2012
Coming as a Leafs and Bills fan....I think both franchises are starting to give the pre 2004 Red Sox a run for their money. I have zero clue how you guys kept cheering for the Red Sox to be honest. The Bills last night have entered Leafs territory for me. Im already chalking up the Leafs to lose in the 1st round and barely pay attention to them anymore since they're choke artists. Matthews and Allen are both the same in the sense that they are great individually but cant seem to win the big games. Wake me up when Bills actually win a big game and Leafs make it past the 1st round, until then both teams are frauds

Reactions: Saxon Eric

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Coming as a Leafs and Bills fan....I think both franchises are starting to give the pre 2004 Red Sox a run for their money. I have zero clue how you guys kept cheering for the Red Sox to be honest. The Bills last night have entered Leafs territory for me. Im already chalking up the Leafs to lose in the 1st round and barely pay attention to them anymore since they're choke artists. Matthews and Allen are both the same in the sense that they are great individually but cant seem to win the big games. Wake me up when Bills actually win a big game and Leafs make it past the 1st round, until then both teams are frauds
I give the Bills a lot more of a shot with Allen than the Leafs with Matthews.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Matthews and Allen are both the same in the sense that they are great individually but cant seem to win the big games. Wake me up when Bills actually win a big game and Leafs make it past the 1st round, until then both teams are frauds

This is almost as bad as the "tuukka can't win the big games" garbage we get around here regularly. Assigning even .ooooo1% of the blame for last night's loss on josh Allen is pure insanity. The guy was amazing from start to finish.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Jim Murray (98.5) said there’s buzz about Brady back to NE for one last season
I mean, yes. But does Bill redshirt Mac for a year or does he trade him for futures then start all over again the next year?

I don't think it's happening, personally. But interesting to think about.

cbbb25

Jan 17, 2012
This is almost as bad as the "tuukka can't win the big games" garbage we get around here regularly. Assigning even .ooooo1% of the blame for last night's loss on josh Allen is pure insanity. The guy was amazing from start to finish.

I definitely understand its rough to lay the blame and im not saying Allen or Matthews single handily loses the game (Though you can make a much bigger argument for Matthews) But I think its the patronizing that Leafs and Bills both get after losing.

The nation today- Wow look out for Buffalo they are good.

You guys beat the leafs- Wow, they forced another game 7 and though they didnt win hats off to the young guys its just our time.

lol why cant we just be honest and say unlikely Bills win a super bowl with this team as they choke back to back years and unlikely the leafs make it past the first round since they find a new way to choke each year.

Like I said tip of the hat to you guys for standing by the Red Sox but thats what these two franchises feel like. Cursed haha

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

Yeah, that might've been the worst take I've ever read. Imagine watching that football game and your takeaway being that Josh Allen can't win the big game.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Jim Murray (98.5) said there’s buzz about Brady back to NE for one last season
Nope. The only way Brady is coming back, is when he retires and he gets inducted into the Pats hall of fame.

Big Jim Murray is simply looking for something that isn't there so he can cry into all that Tompa Bay memorabilia he bought.

Reactions: Oates2Neely
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad