Podcast (Audio) Road Report w/ Jim Fox (this Thursday) NOW ACCEPTING QUESTIONS

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
Hey gang! We're doing a live Twitter Spaces with Jim Fox Thursday morning at 11am.

I know not everybody is on Twitter and we're exploring ways to make it available (live) on simultaneous platforms.

I'm also aware that it's at 11am which is not the easiest time for folks to hop on and listen so it WILL be made available as a downloadable podcast episode the following day.

ADDITIONALLY

I'm opening it up here for you guys to submit questions like we have in the past.

Feel free to ask about

- The season as a whole
- The results of Wednesday nights game
- The state of the franchise
- The roster
- any off topic nonsense that @Lt Dan might think of

Please avoid phrasing questions in ways that only offer criticism

SO... for example...

Try and turn

"The Powerplay sucks, what's wrong with everybody" into "Jim, what are some realistic ways the coaching staff could change the power-play to get more productive results"

Cus I ain't asking the first version but there are plenty of ways to answer the second version.

OK! Thanks and hope to see some of you on Thursday morning and I'll update with alternate ways to listen live if they become available.

Last edited:

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Hey gang! We're doing a live Twitter Spaces with Jim Fox Thursday morning at 11am.

thats-me-butters.gif

What was Jim Fox's favorite interaction with a Kings fan so far?

Which current Kings prospect or young player that he thinks he is going to have the best career?

What is his go to pizza? (place as well as toppings)

What is his second favorite sport after hockey? If he says Soccer, tell him that it's not a sport and to answer again

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Since I am the only one...
1668550779542.png

With two Kings' cup wins, what else is on Jim Fox's bucket list?

What does Jim miss most about his playing days?

What is Jim's favorite type of muffin?

What is the toughest part of his job?

Which Scooby Doo character is his personality closest to?

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Who is the top player on the Kraken that Jim would love to insert into the Kings lineup? Without naming specific players, what type of package would it take to get the guy off of Seattle? And how likely is he to be available vs. how likely could the Kings fit him in?

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I’ll phrase this in a non negative way because I’d like to know his thoughts.

1. The kings have a LHD shortage. What are some of the best ways he thinks the Kings can address this issue?

2. In coaching from his experience as a player and someone who’s been close to the team, how much say do players have in regards to their icetime and deployment, for example Toews, Doughty, Kopitar, and Kane. I’m curious if sometimes decisions are just made out of respect for Future Hall of Famers rather than their present day performance?

3. The Kings the past few games have tightened up defensively prior to the Flames game at the cost of offense it seemed, where do you think the Kings can improve on in defense? Do you think the main issue is with the defense itself or of the five man unit? For example does he think forwards have to play much more reserved to help out a struggling defense or what is it?

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
I’ll phrase this in a non negative way because I’d like to know his thoughts.

1. The kings have a LHD shortage. What are some of the best ways he thinks the Kings can address this issue?

2. In coaching from his experience as a player and someone who’s been close to the team, how much say do players have in regards to their icetime and deployment, for example Toews, Doughty, Kopitar, and Kane. I’m curious if sometimes decisions are just made out of respect for Future Hall of Famers rather than their present day performance?

3. The Kings the past few games have tightened up defensively prior to the Flames game at the cost of offense it seemed, where do you think the Kings can improve on in defense? Do you think the main issue is with the defense itself or of the five man unit? For example does he think forwards have to play much more reserved to help out a struggling defense or what is it?
Thanks for phrasing them in a way that makes it easier for me to ask!

ibleedkings

Rob Fake
Jul 19, 2004
Santa Clarita
What is Jim's opinion on how TM is using Kaliyev? Fans are begging for more ice time for him and getting him off the 4th line. Does Jim agree?

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
What is Jim's opinion on how TM is using Kaliyev? Fans are begging for more ice time for him and getting him off the 4th line. Does Jim agree?
LOL...would love to see this question asked because I would bet my house that he would answer it the way that anyone else would who has a decent amount of common sense and actually watches the games.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Jim's obviously a big Premier League fan.

Two questions:

Who does he support?

And as a broadcaster, how does he feel about the difference between the American broadcasts of English football which are aimed at fans with an assumed lengthy history with the sport versus American sport team coverages which are typically aimed at newer, less experienced fans?

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014

I know not everybody is on Twitter and we're exploring ways to make it available (live) on simultaneous platforms.

I'm also aware that it's at 11am which is not the easiest time for folks to hop on and listen so it WILL be made available as a downloadable podcast episode the following day.

ADDITIONALLY

I'm opening it up here for you guys to submit questions like we have in the past.

Feel free to ask about

- The season as a whole
- The results of Wednesday nights game
- The state of the franchise
- The roster

Please avoid phrasing questions in ways that only offer criticism

SO... for example...

Try and turn

"The Powerplay sucks, what's wrong with everybody" into "Jim, what are some realistic ways the coaching staff could change the power-play to get more productive results"

Cus I ain't asking the first version but there are plenty of ways to answer the second version.

OK! Thanks and hope to see some of you on Thursday morning and I'll update with alternate ways to listen live if they become available.
That’s actually a great time for me in the UK. I’ll definitely join if j can get home in time. Thanks Jessie.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
@Axl Rhoadz you wonder why you’re viewed as a troll around here. Not all of us agree with TM 24/7 like yourself.
Your question has nothing to do with agreeing with TM, the answer to it just involves having common sense. Maybe you are the troll for throwing out ridiculous questions?

Show me your lines that put Kaliyev in the top 6.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Here's one,

What's a few major differences in the game itself, not nutrition, training, etc, but the game itself from when you were playing, to what you are seeing now, minus the obvious examples of icing, two line pass etc, and avoid the canned answer of players are stronger and faster etc,

Leaning more towards the philosophy, from dump and chase (pound) to puck possession etc, what has changed in his eyes, and is it for the better, or just lateral changes with coaches trying to keep an even keel etc.

Reactions: Lt Dan

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Is the team actively looking to add to the defense in season, or waiting until the off-season?

After the loss to the Flames, how do the King's plan to improve the offense?
:naughty:

What was the last 2 digits of your In-N-Out order today? 22? 11? 13?

respD

Jul 24, 2021
As a fan I would like to better understand the system that the Kings play, and to be able to recognize how it's working and when it's breaking down. To develop that understanding, are there specific players or specific situations that I should pay special attention to, where the system will be really apparent? Any other advice about how to start seeing the game better in this way?

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
As a fan I would like to better understand the system that the Kings play, and to be able to recognize how it's working and when it's breaking down. To develop that understanding, are there specific players or specific situations that I should pay special attention to, where the system will be really apparent? Any other advice about how to start seeing the game better in this way?
They play a 1-3-1 with the back 4 being a diamond. It breaks down when they sit back a little too much and give opposing teams enough speed through the neutral zone to make a clean zone entry or dump and chase with enough momentum to cause the Kings defense to turn it over.
They usually start playing this formation about 10 minutes into the game regardless of score. If they are tied or losing only using it when they dont have control of the puck in the offensive zone.
When they are winning they pretty much default to it unless there is a clear offensive opportunity to score or cycle.

YAYSAY

Feb 18, 2016
Sturm wasn't fired

Also the PP is improved

Last season it was 27th in the league at 16.1 %

This season , so far, it is 18th (middle of the pack) at 20.3 %
It's annoying too because PP2 has gotten like 2 or 3 goals right as power play time has expired

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Kudos to Jesse for asking the question and kudos to me for predicting the answer. Bottom line, Jim does NOT agree....lol. Shocking!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad