Value of: RNH to Philly

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Provorov is probably the ask.

yeah, but is he the get. How would the cap work? PHI would be eating over 5M/yr in salary. Provorov is draft exempt, making him even more valuable. Don't see a fit, unless PHI has a bad contract they can send EDM 's way.

I do think RNH has to get out of EDM, but he is definitely not going to be getting a lot back due to his salary and uncertain play.

Last edited:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Trading Schenn just shorts us a top 6 winger when Couturier is back. Robbing Peter to pay paul, imo.

Also, Edmonton is pretty set on LHD.

Not really. We would still have Raffl, Voracek, Konecny and Simmonds. Plus Read and Weise for the 3rd line.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
For Draisaitl. Maybe.

RNH is not getting Provorov and Provorov is not getting Draisaitl. Agreed.

Why would the Flyers give a potential 1D for a 2C and why woudl the Oilers give an absolute 2C (almost guaranteed 1C) for a potential 1D.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

Why would the Flyers give a potential 1D for a 2C and why woudl the Oilers give an absolute 2C (almost guaranteed 1C) for a potential 1D.

Cuz 1D is usually worth more than a 1/2 C

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Cuz 1D is usually worth more than a 1/2 C

Not sure about that. It mostly depends on the player at that high of a level. Also, team need and depth at the role being traded for would be a major consideration.
Would you trade Giroux for the same ranked 1D?
Besides, in my opinion, Provorov is further away from being proclaimed a 1D than Draisaitl is from being proclaimed a 1C.

Last edited:

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Not really. We would still have Raffl, Voracek, Konecny and Simmonds. Plus Read and Weise for the 3rd line.

It's just my opinion, but Raffl isn't a top6 player. I know he's been there, and hasn't looked terrible put of place . I'd just much rather keep Schenn and Raffl be on the third line.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Rnh is a six million dollar player . making the cap work with philly makes pretty much any deal untenable.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I'd never considered it in the past, but the idea of Schenn for Hopkins would be very attractive if Edmonton wasn't in need of a right handed PMD.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
One way to make it work with the cap is to add in two other bad contracts:

Something around Schenn & MacDonald for Nugent-Hopkins & Pouliot.

Don't know enough about Edmonton's needs to know how much sense that would make though.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
RNH for Coutts makes sense for both teams.

Keeps Mcdavid and Draisaitl in offensive roles, gives EDM a big match up center.

RNH slots right behind Giroux and gives PHI 60 points.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Keeps Mcdavid and Draisaitl in offensive roles, gives EDM a big match up center.

No....Philly needs Couts to shut down top lines. He is not moving.

The whole purpose for Philly is to ADD a Dman....not swap them.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

It doesn't really make sense for us, though. We need another center and as good as RNH is, it would just be treading water for us to move him for Couts (and I do understand that RNH provides more offense). I think we probably don't make good trading partners, since you guys need a RHD (I think) and we don't really have any to spare who are the appropriate age/value for you to move RNH for.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016

Totally rational and logical post. I hope they have you anointed as the king of Oiler fans.

/thread on this one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad