Value of: RNH to NYR

bfaust30

Dec 25, 2015
He had a tremendous regular season for EDM, but his play has slipped in the playoffs. I do not think Ryan Strome is the future 2C, and I think RNH would be a much better center for Panarin and Kakko. In a realistic world I would love to see the Rangers make a trade around Georgiev and the Carolina/Toronto 1st, but I'm not sure if that is enough.

Thoughts?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Georgiev and a middling to low 1st gets you a polite chuckle and a dial tone. Zero basis for a deal if that's what you've got to deal.

He has 7 points in 3 games, and has largely been fine. Our struggles have been defensive in nature. Nurse in particular has made some absolutely mind boggling poor reads and decisions.

The only thing I'd deal RNH for is in a package for a legitimate #1 defenceman. He should be a career Oiler and most of the local guys say he wants to stay long term.

Last edited:

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009
Even if RNH doesn't want to sign an extension, Geogiev and a mid/late 1st is a borderline offer at best. Assuming he is interested in extending there is nothing reasonable the Rangers could offer.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
I think the Oilers should keep RNH. He can play center, wing, powerplay, penalty kill. As long as his contract is reasonable, he is a pretty valuable player on the Oilers. I doubt there will be a trade worthwhile to trade him, unless they feel there is no chance they can resign him, then that would be a different story.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
RNH isn’t the problem in Edmonton. I can’t see him being available for anything reasonable.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I think the Oilers should keep RNH. He can play center, wing, powerplay, penalty kill. As long as his contract is reasonable, he is a pretty valuable player on the Oilers. I doubt there will be a trade worthwhile to trade him, unless they feel there is no chance they can resign him, then that would be a different story.

as the poster above you pointed out, even if he won't sign or prices himself out, Georgiev and a middling first is a pretty mediocre offer even as a deadline deal.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I don't see how we offer him a bigger contract than what he's currently making. That's a short term solution. A 1 year solution. It would also take more unless this was a deadline trade and Oilers were out of the playoffs. Even then, they probably look for ready players and not picks, potential goalies.

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
He had a tremendous regular season for EDM, but his play has slipped in the playoffs. I do not think Ryan Strome is the future 2C, and I think RNH would be a much better center for Panarin and Kakko. In a realistic world I would love to see the Rangers make a trade around Georgiev and the Carolina/Toronto 1st, but I'm not sure if that is enough.

Thoughts?

No interest. Rangers don't need to add another big salary. They easily have the picks and prospects to acquire a cheaper center with big upside if they desire.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
This thread is a mess, Nuge isn't struggling one bit. Even if he doesn't want to re sign, Edmonton will be competing again next year. You dont become rental sellers if you're competing, they should use him for all he's worth, an internal rental type thing and hopefully go deep in playoffs with him then let him become UFA.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
no thanks. no big changes for NYR this offseason,
not really ready to contend yet, and 4 big Cap Hits exping AFTER next season
certainly don't shed a 1st

and if/when they bring another big fish, i want him to be a few years younger than Trouba/Bread

Reactions: Rangers394

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
no thanks. no big changes for NYR this offseason,
not really ready to contend yet, and 4 big Cap Hits exping AFTER next season
certainly don't shed a 1st

and if/when they bring another big fish, i want him to be a few years younger than Trouba/Bread

this^
bolded for emphasis

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I'm a Flames fan. The Oilers need more two way players like RNH, not less of them. Too many of their forwards are one or the other entirely. McDavid needs someone responsible on his line since he can't cover his own end at all and leaves the zone early all the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad