TBN: RJ Diagnosed with Throat Cancer; now cancer-free & will call 1st period Nov 15

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
So all RJ montages make me cry, but I always ball the hardest at

"AHRRRRRYUUUU RETTI LEAJINOV DUME!?! HEEEEEEEARCUM THE BUFALO SAYBERS"

Ugh.

NURMINEN JUGGLES IT. THEY SKAWWWWWR. DERRICK ROI DOES IT AGAIN!

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Damn I hope RJ comes back and announces long enough to see the ship turn around. Imagine how much fun he'd have with McDavid or Eichel.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Bruins fan here.

Was ecstatic to put on the highlights of the Sabres-Leafs game and here RJ calling the game. Obviously, some weakness in his voice, but just amazing that he is going to be back working again.

I'm not a Sabres fan. I am a Rick Jeanneret fan. I don't know if I'm the only one like that, but I know I'm one of a few. I grew up watching hockey in the 90's, and somehow have managed to watch and hear enough hockey involving the Sabres for Jeanneret's voice to set off some real nostalgic feelings within me. While he is a homer, he is extremely unique and I love how he calls the game...genuine excitement and the ability to make anyone else listening excited...there really aren't many announcers that can do that.

Good luck to him down the road and congrats to Sabres fans finally getting him back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad