Confirmed with Link: Rizzo to Flyers for Kase the younger

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I don’t think so. At the same time we likely just completed the real trade after the league nixed it for cap circumvention. We had to renege on trade after signing our UFAs because we didn’t have enough space to gain cap throughout the season. So we finished the trade later after the buyout but not too close to the buyout.

Since we just discussed watched star wars movies. The whole star wars episode 6 thing.

Luke: Vader’s on that ship. Im compromising the mission.

Han: in case they don’t go for this we have to get out of here in hurry. Chewie keep your distance without looking like you’re keeping your distance.

Chewie: mumble noises

Han: i dont know, fly casual.

We had to trade casually here.

Live view to Mr. Bettman's office:

ewok-prepare.jpg

SvechneJerk

Christ is King
Jul 15, 2018
NC
Yea, that's basically what we're doing. The thing with TDA somehow bombed out weird, we're saying "sorry" by giving them Rizzo (who we were originally going to trade) and a 5th. Kase is a non-entity in this case and is basically just freeing up a contract spot for them most likely. Whatever, it's helping build some goodwill so if the Flyers are out at TDL they might be willing to work with us on a playoff-push deal or something.
Now trade for Konecny, you pansies!!!!!

Francis10

Jan 28, 2012
Canada
You got to think this is setting up a good relationship between Briere and Donny come trade deadline time.

“Hey Danny, remember that time I did that solid for you and made that trade with you I didn’t really have to do on August 9th? How about we talk about Konecny coming to the Canes?”

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Based on how we do business I’m guessing we had no intention of having Rizzo as a prospect or he was really low on the priority list. Based on his size and skating this isn’t a huge surprise. Seems like this was one big transaction and we had to pay something.

If it was a prospect that was in the plans long term he wouldn’t be available for this.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
The Canes are legitimately a good organization to do something like this for Briere and Rizzo. It would've been the shitty thing to do to not complete the DeAngelo trade, so they effectively did this and completed the transaction. Because of how horrendous the Flyers are going to be for the next few seasons, Rizzo will have a genuine shot at becoming an NHL player in that organization. I wish him the best of luck in those endeavors.

SvechneJerk

Christ is King
Jul 15, 2018
NC
I totally understand taking care of the Flyers on the back-end after Betteman's hubris derailed the original trade...but the 5th round pick is dumb.
It’s a 5th - in 2025. It’s not like we’re not going to add 8 picks between now & then. It’s nothing more than some good will. You never know how that might pay off in the future.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
It’s a 5th - in 2025. It’s not like we’re not going to add 8 picks between now & then. It’s nothing more than some good will. You never know how that might pay off in the future.

No, I get it. It's just a 5th and I do appreciate the good will part of deal making.

But this team seems to place a lot of stock in amassing those type of picks, so, you know...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad