Rivlary Night or Penguin Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
It is the 3rd in a row and we'll be on NBC again on the 9th, prior to our fourth "rivalry night" (against the Rags). And people wonder why other fans claim that Crosby and the Pens get media favoritism. It's pretty obscene in this case, really. It's obvious the schedule was set up this way on purpose.

I suppose if the NHL's ratings / marketing numbers show the Pens get the biggest mid-week draw then it's understandable on one level, but... it's still pretty annoying if your team doesn't get much NBC love (be it LA or whoever). What bugs me about this is, this is what feeds into all the conspiracy crap. If the league was more balanced in who got the national games, outdoor games, etc... it would cut down on a lot of the idiocy we see in these forums.

How would you like to be the NHL's schedule maker and have to try to fit a "rivalry" game in every single Wednesday just so NBCSN can run with this gimmick?

I hope the Western teams, and their fans, understand why they don't get features in these types of broadcasts, though. NBC simply won't alienate their bread and butter - the EST viewership base - by featuring games starting at 10pm. It'd cut down their numbers drastically.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
:laugh: I always wind up complaining out loud about that myself.

5-10 years ago I wouldn't complain. But now, I'm in my 30s, old, I can't fall asleep for a few hours after a sporting event, I have to get up at the ass crack of down. If I wanted to watch a game at 11pm ET, I'd move to California.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad