GDT: Rivalry night Caps @ Flyers. 8pm nbcsn

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Adam Kimelman ‏@NHLAdamK 57s
Caps coach Adam Oates confirmed Penner will start on Johansson/Brouwer line and will see PP time. Also said Holtby starts in goal

Hopefully this means Laich is off PP1.

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
I went back last night and watched the highlights from the Kings finals in 2012 and Penner was phenomenal. I'm assuming his play hasn't dipped that much considering Bruce put him on Perry top line for most of the season.

Think we might have a fan fave here guys

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
Just wanted to ask a quick question, when Kuzya is over here do you think he and Penner by playoff time will eventually end up on the PP unit with Ovi, Nick and Green/Carlson?

Or is that too much of a reach at this point? I ask because i like the dynamic of another skill guy in Kuz and a tough guy in Penner near the net to spice up the PP and open up even more space for #8 to rip them.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Just wanted to ask a quick question, when Kuzya is over here do you think he and Penner by playoff time will eventually end up on the PP unit with Ovi, Nick and Green/Carlson?

Or is that too much of a reach at this point? I ask because i like the dynamic of another skill guy in Kuz and a tough guy in Penner near the net to spice up the PP and open up even more space for #8 to rip them.

I suspect they'll have some tough decisions to make. Not a lot of great right-handed shooters for that slot spot, and way too many left-handed guys for the low spot.

My guess, based on not seeing any tape of Penner or Kuznetsov:
PP1: Ovi in the Ovi spot, Carlson point, Backstrom half-wall, Penner low, Brouwer slot
PP2: Ovi in the Ovi spot, Green point, Johansson/Kuznetsov half-wall, Laich/Kuznetsov low, Ward/Fehr slot

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
I suspect they'll have some tough decisions to make. Not a lot of great right-handed shooters for that slot spot, and way too many left-handed guys for the low spot.

PP1: Ovi in the Ovi spot, Carlson point, Backstrom half-wall, Penner low, Brouwer slot
PP2: Ovi in the Ovi spot, Green point, Johansson/Kuznetsov half-wall, Laich/Kuznetsov low, Ward/Fehr slot

Liking the switch up at on that PP2 but for some reason i hate Brouwer in the slot because he misses more than he scores from such beautiful setups by Nick/Mojo

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Yeah those 7 or 8 point blank saves on the Flyers definitely= sucked:shakehead

Every damn goalie in the NHL makes those saves all the damn time, get over this idea that Holtby is special.

He called out his teammates on their preparations, and hes been dog **** ever since.

NeilYoung

May 7, 2009
Every damn goalie in the NHL makes those saves all the damn time, get over this idea that Holtby is special.

He called out his teammates on their preparations, and hes been dog **** ever since.

HAHA even if every goalie in the league made those saves (which is false) Neuvirth wouldn't. Statistically Neuvys been a well below average goaltender his whole career. Give it up **** tiger showed his **** stripes

Vladiator16*

:facepalm:

If not for Holtby standing on his head this game would've been over in regulation.

So... can somebody enlighten me whats the deal with Klesla? Why is he going to Hershey? Is he that bad or what? From what i remember he was ok in Columbus...

I hope Pancakes has a good showing tonight. Also, didn't he have some problems few years back, something like lack of motivation, or am i confusing him with somebody?

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
:facepalm:

If not for Holtby standing on his head this game would've been over in regulation.

So... can somebody enlighten me whats the deal with Klesla? Why is he going to Hershey? Is he that bad or what? From what i remember he was ok in Columbus...

I hope Pancakes has a good showing tonight. Also, didn't he have some problems few years back, something like lack of motivation, or am i confusing him with somebody?

Klesla is going to Buffalo.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010

No Grabovski? I like having two puck distributors on the right side in Backstrom/Mojo or Backstrom/Grabo. Big guy in middle, would like Penner there or Ward. Green or Carlson - either way is fine IMO.

I would do:

PP1: Ovi, Carlson, Backstrom, Mojo, Penner
PP2: Ovi, Green, Grabovski, Laich, Ward

Backups for Ovie: Orlov maybe even F16.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Sky Kerstein ‏@SkyKerstein 1m
#Caps GMGM on Grabo "Day-to-day, I hope" added "Hopefully he's back on the ice next week or so."

Vladiator16*

Klesla is going to Buffalo.

Thanks. I guess i should've opened trade confirmation thread :laugh:

@SabresPR: #Sabres have acquired G Michal Neuvirth and D Rostislav Klesla from Capitals in exchange for G Jaroslav Halak and a 3rd-round pick in '15.

MCDAVIDISH

Jul 18, 2011
Edmonton
I went back last night and watched the highlights from the Kings finals in 2012 and Penner was phenomenal. I'm assuming his play hasn't dipped that much considering Bruce put him on Perry top line for most of the season.

Think we might have a fan fave here guys

Penner was almost unstoppable for a time in Edmonton, the year he got 60 or so points. When he's motivated he's a hell of a player... Just gotta keep him motivated.

aquablue

May 4, 2010
Penner was almost unstoppable for a time in Edmonton, the year he got 60 or so points. When he's motivated he's a hell of a player... Just gotta keep him motivated.

According to various well regarded posters on the Ducks' boards, Penner lacks foot speed and many are no that sorry to see him go -- addition by subtraction apparently. I think he's a good fit for the top line as of now. He needs to play with someone who can shoot the puck so his slow ass can get some garbage goals down low. I don't know why they are putting him with MoJo when he needs to play with OV. When Kuz comes over, hopefully he'll be first line LW and Kuz on the second.

I really think they dropped the ball today. No D is ridiculous. Not even the Godly almighty Halak can save our bacon with a defensive contingment made of limestone. I guess it's time to think of 2014-15 already.

Last edited:

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
According to various well regarded posters on the Ducks' boards, Penner lacks foot speed and many are no that sorry to see him go -- addition by subtraction apparently. I think he's a good fit for the top line not the Brouwer line. He needs to play with someone who can shoot the puck so his slow ass can get some garbage goals down low. I don't know why they are putting him with MoJo when he needs to play with OV.

Probably because it's his first game with the team.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012

While I don't think that every goalie makes those saves "all the damn time", I do agree that this fan base as a whole has greatly diminished expectations of goalies.

Every goal wasn't our goalies fault, and any decent save is "keeping us in it".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad