Rival Fans on Our Boards...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
I was just curious what fellow Rangers fans think about Devil, Isle, Philly fans (et al) constantly posting on NYR threads.

I spend most of my time on the main boards, so I expect the battle. Nevertheless, it grows very tiresome reading posts from people who simply hate the Rangers, for whatever reason. Those fans of course like to post comments about the Rangers as if they are fact, or as if they are being unbiased, which in 90% of cases, couldn't be further from the truth.

I do "visit" boards of other "hated" teams and see that we rarely interject in whatever they happened to be writing about.

Am I alone in getting ticked off at times?

(This is purely a mid-summer, not-much-to-talk-about post, so forgive me).

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
As long as they aren't trying to start nonsense, who cares?

No issue with neutral fans coming in peace.

Fletch

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn
Visit site
I enjoy hearing from other fans, and sometimes they bring a perspective of players on their teams that we may not have since we can't/don't want to see all their games. It's annoying if someone comes in and just wants to be a jerk, but I always welcome intellectual hockey debates.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Yeah, but you have the same thing happening from this section of the forum.

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
No, I meant the trolling...

I love to hear real hockey talk from other fans.

However, the Rangers get a lot of the BS posts- or posts from fans that are delusional and think they are being fair-much more than on other team's boards.

I may be way off on this.

If so, sorry...

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
I really don't notice them as much as some of you I guess.

For the most part, I enjoy hearing the comments and more often than not we get good info from other boards fans whenever we talk about player transactions or prospect/draft info.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
No, I meant the trolling...

I love to hear real hockey talk from other fans.

However, the Rangers get a lot of the BS posts- or posts from fans that are delusional and think they are being fair-much more than on other team's boards.

I may be way off on this.

If so, sorry...

This board gets alot of traffic, so ya take the good with the bad.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
As long as they dont come here with the intent to "start some s***", i dont see the problem (and even if they do, we generally have some very good mods that are quick with cleaning things up).

So i'd say "please come in" :)

Wolfy*

If you're dumb enough to enter a rival board and start bashing, then you deserve what's coming.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I have to pick on the Devils fan base. They have some knowledgeable guys and there are even a few of them that are affable but they're not as a group very welcoming on their own board. I like Trottier for instance but he was an Isles fan for most of his life--only started rooting for the Devils 3-4 years ago. Generally I get a nasty vibe from most of them--something that doesn't happen all that often with Flyers, Pens, Isles, Bruins fans. The only two times I've been warned on this site was after arguments with Devils fans. I've gotten the idea that they have this almost surreal hatred for us and usually these days I ignore them as much as possible.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
The more annoying thing is when people from our boards go to other teams' boards to see what they're saying about us and then come back here genuinely surprised when it's a lot of vitriol. Like the majority of rival teams' fans are going to be neutral and objective.

Fletch

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn
Visit site
I have to pick on the Devils fan base. They have some knowledgeable guys and there are even a few of them that are affable but they're not as a group very welcoming on their own board. I like Trottier for instance but he was an Isles fan for most of his life--only started rooting for the Devils 3-4 years ago. Generally I get a nasty vibe from most of them--something that doesn't happen all that often with Flyers, Pens, Isles, Bruins fans. The only two times I've been warned on this site was after arguments with Devils fans. I've gotten the idea that they have this almost surreal hatred for us and usually these days I ignore them as much as possible.

Trottier? Hasn't he posted since the beginning of time? He'd spend a lot of time on the Rangers board. Liked him a lot.

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
Trottier? Hasn't he posted since the beginning of time? He'd spend a lot of time on the Rangers board. Liked him a lot.

Trottier is/was a great poster. Extremely knowledgeable, and his posts were always well-reasoned.

If someone is trolling, lets the mods know and they'll do their job.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
Other than the occasional post in the around the NHL thread we almost never get posts from rival fans in here anyway. The main boards are a **** show, but that's to be expected. I've never been particularly interested in what fans of other teams think of us anyway.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
The more annoying thing is when people from our boards go to other teams' boards to see what they're saying about us and then come back here genuinely surprised when it's a lot of vitriol. Like the majority of rival teams' fans are going to be neutral and objective.

Oh my God, so much this. Fans that hate us have a low opinion of our team?...

Zzf7p6H.jpg

Listen, if someone is coming in and breaking the rules and/or being a jackass, just report them, and it will be taken care of. If they're not, then you kinda just have to deal with it. It's that simple.

Edit: Oh, and just a note: Responding to someone who is trolling, rather than just reporting them, is a million times more annoying than the actual trolling itself. Just saying.

~fin~

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad