Ritchie Signs 3-year Entry Level Contract

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
The 2007 draft sucked. Montreal were the exception to the rule in getting quality players out of it.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
I was screaming for Pacioretty that draft. Although he wasn't expected to have much offfensive upside.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I was screaming for Pacioretty that draft. Although he wasn't expected to have much offfensive upside.

I remember liking Nick Petricki. Shows how much I know. I also liked MaxPac for that pick though.

Habs did so well that draft. Imagine if they kept McDonagh. I think they also got Weber that draft who has been serviceable in his career.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
The 2007 draft sucked. Montreal were the exception to the rule in getting quality players out of it.

Actually, i am looking at that draft now and there were plenty of tallent

P. Kane, JVR, Turris, Alzner, Gagne, Voracek, Couture, McDonagh, Pacioretty, Shattenkirk, Perron, Subban, Simmonds, Benn and actually Maroon, Bonino and Hagelin too.

Maybe less than in some others but still decent amount of talen. Tons of talent we could have chosen from.

Best case scenario with the picks we had we would have:

Max Pacioretty
PK Subban
Alex Killorn
Alec Martinez
Dwight King
Colton Sceviour
Jamie Benn
One of Bonino or Hagelin depending who you value more

Damn, that would be a draft :laugh:
But winning 1 000 000 000 $ seems as realistic as to come out of that draft with these guys :laugh:

Fun fact: the goalie from that draft who has played the most NHL games as is Jeremy Smith. He played 3 (three) games.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014

P. Kane, JVR, Turris, Alzner, Gagne, Voracek, Couture, McDonagh, Pacioretty, Shattenkirk, Perron, Subban, Simmonds, Benn and actually Maroon, Bonino and Hagelin too.

Maybe less than in some others but still decent amount of talen. Tons of talent we could have chosen from.

Best case scenario with the picks we had we would have:

Max Pacioretty
PK Subban
Alex Killorn
Alec Martinez
Dwight King
Colton Sceviour
Jamie Benn
One of Bonino or Hagelin depending who you value more

Damn, that would be a draft :laugh:
But winning 1 000 000 000 $ seems as realistic as to come out of that draft with these guys :laugh:

Fun fact: the goalie from that draft who has played the most NHL games as is Jeremy Smith. He played 3 (three) games.

5th rd, 129th OA... :facepalm:

Hindsight is brutal.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Yeah, I don't think guys like Jamie Benn really work in the "we could have drafted" hindsight argument. When you're drafting 17 year olds, you're going to find some later picks who wreck the curve. That wasn't because teams made mistakes, or because the scouts didn't do their job.

A lot of teams made mistakes in that draft, and a number of them were in a much, much better position to get good picks.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
In NHL scouts defense he played in BCHL at that time and didn`t had mind blowing numbers there. Well... now he`s just the best scorer in the NHL :rolleyes:

So true. Dallas had consecutive picks in that round, and took Austin Smith a pick ahead of him, just shows that those deeper round gold nuggets are more lucky than anything. The Ducks are sure due for a little late round gold themselves, the closest that come to mind are Vatanen and maybe Beleskey both being 4th rounders. Who knows, maybe it's Troy Terry. :dunno:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
So true. Dallas had consecutive picks in that round, and took Austin Smith a pick ahead of him, just shows that those deeper round gold nuggets are more lucky than anything. The Ducks are sure due for a little late round gold themselves, the closest that come to mind are Vatanen and maybe Beleskey both being 4th rounders. Who knows, maybe it's Troy Terry. :dunno:

Yeah. Seems that Manosn will also turn out to be a nice 6th rounder. Maaaaybe Kase have some potential to be one of the best later round picks by us. Personally i am really intrigued by Terry (maybe it`s just summer syndrome)

Tampa has done great job drafting late and not drafting at all...

Palat, Johnson, even Killorn. Then there`s St.Louis. They are just lucky :laugh:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Yeah, I don't think guys like Jamie Benn really work in the "we could have drafted" hindsight argument. When you're drafting 17 year olds, you're going to find some later picks who wreck the curve. That wasn't because teams made mistakes, or because the scouts didn't do their job.

A lot of teams made mistakes in that draft, and a number of them were in a much, much better position to get good picks.
Yeah i only do the what ifs with the first rounders. Like mitera over Giroux. But someone like Bennett or Weber...its like the whole league made the same mistake several times. There's a reason for it.

salsa man

SALSA
Nov 20, 2013
California
Yeah i only do the what ifs with the first rounders. Like mitera over Giroux. But someone like Bennett or Weber...its like the whole league made the same mistake several times. There's a reason for it.

Bennett who? If you're talking about Beau, he went 20th overall, so...

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Wingers with two first names are destined to become Anaheim Ducks (Corey Perry, Bobby Ryan, Jason Blake)

Ha, that is a good point :laugh:

PS
I think DuckJet might have thought Benn

PPS
To get back on topic - isn`t Ritchie also kind of a first name?

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

That's not a lot of talent compared to your average draft. The first round had many busts/underwhelming picks. Hickey was a 4th overall pick. Hamill barely played in the NHL. JVR and Turris are good players but not who I would expect to get from 2nd and 3rd overall picks.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
That`s a great nickname for him

Y, arriba arriba
Ay, arriba y arriba, por ti seré

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3