Rise of the Penguins ^√^

FinProspects

Sep 15, 2007
Funny that now when Letang and Fleury have been amazing, Crosby has been medicore for his standards.

What if this team would get their **** together for one season...? There seems to be underachievers every year for some reason.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
Funny that now when Letang and Fleury have been amazing, Crosby has been medicore for his standards.

What if this team would get their **** together for one season...? There seems to be underachievers every year for some reason.

Crosby has become a monster on D though, latest exhibit being against the Kings.

I like Crosby for the playoffs...

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
The Pens somewhat quietly have become third in the NHL in GAA.

Quite the change and arguably a good sign for the playoffs.

However that stat doesn't quite match the eye test.

If this team LOOKED like a defense first playoff type team I would feel better. It rarely does.

Bumpus

Shhh ...
Mar 4, 2008
WV
This goofy SOB:

hqdefault.jpg

:handclap:

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Of the Pens remaining 17 games, only 4 are against teams currently in the playoffs, and all those 4 games are at home.
Combine this with the Pens having been one of the three teams worst hit by injuries of any, and I think perhaps our current record deceives to the down-side. For a change.

Rangers have 10 games left against current playoff teams, Isles 8 - for perspective.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
The Pens somewhat quietly have become third in the NHL in GAA.

Quite the change and arguably a good sign for the playoffs.

However that stat doesn't quite match the eye test.

If this team LOOKED like a defense first playoff type team I would feel better. It rarely does.

Good post mon ami but i think that as we get closer to the playoffs we'll get our D perfected.

Also... "Gel my babies, gel!" :yo:

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
Of the Pens remaining 17 games, only 4 are against teams currently in the playoffs, and all those 4 games are at home.
Combine this with the Pens having been one of the three teams worst hit by injuries of any, and I think perhaps our current record deceives to the down-side. For a change.

Rangers have 10 games left against current playoff teams, Isles 8 - for perspective.

Good chance to build some momentum going in the the Playoffs.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
The Pens have 2 guys who could make a case for the Hart every year, Letang is playing Norris caliber hockey, and Fleury is playing Vezina caliber hockey...yet this team still feels like it's missing something.

WVP

Mar 22, 2004
The Pens have 2 guys who could make a case for the Hart every year, Letang is playing Norris caliber hockey, and Fleury is playing Vezina caliber hockey...yet this team still feels like it's missing something.

I think we'd feel better about the D if both Ehrhoff and Maatta were out there. If we had that and hate to say it, but replace Sutter with Staal and this team would be feared again. Not saying we need Staal but some big presence (preferably with size) replacing Sutter would make a big difference. Unless Sutter is sniping that top corner off the rush he's not making a great impact.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

consistency, and for all 4 of those things to happen at the same time. Its hard to find a game where all 4 of those guys are at the top of their game that we didn't win.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Maybe they'll all find that sense of urgency in the playoffs, hopefully.

I think there's a better chance they step up in the playoffs than there is that they get demoted. So ya, lets hope.

note: That's an indication of how little chance I think there is of them being demoted, not of me having confidence that they will improve.

But ya, lets hope.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
Speaking of urgency...

I hope they don't take the Harper's oil cie. too lightly as that could screw up a potential MAF shutout...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad