News Article: RIP : "The Price is Right" BB

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
I always got a kick out of how no-nonsense Bob could be with contestants that were a little on the dull side…or simply nervous lmao.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Remember watching the Price is right at lunch with my grandma during elementary/junior high. Plinko and moutain climber were the two best games.

Sometimes I swear we all had the same childhood :laugh:

Used to walk home from school for lunch and I’d watch Flintstones and Price is right.

Plinking was def the best, RIP Bob!

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Grew up watching Bob and of course, anyone who kicks the ass of a Bruins fan is ok with me.

Classic. I remember going to the movies hoping to catch a featured presentation which ended up being sold out. Me and my buddy decided to take in Happy Gilmore for the simple reason he was an avid golfer. There were like two other people in that theatre but what a blast. The movie soon started making noise and caught on like gangbusters and if I'm not mistaken it ended up out grossing the hyped and heavily budgeted featured film.

Reactions: sandviper

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
He must made a lot of money doing that show. I remember looking it up years ago and he was paid way in millions a year
A lot of revenue coming in on commercials ,and the whole show
was nothing but a 1 hr commercial for products...and Bob got his cut .
Pretty much Bob was a 1 man band, and the models who show
the products they don't make much money at all.

You heard of small claims court TV show "Judge Judy"?
I was sort of surprised when i heard she's actually paid like 30 million US dollars every year.

Last edited:

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
A lot of revenue coming in on commercials ,and the whole show
was nothing but a 1 hr commercial for products...and Bob got his cut .
Pretty much Bob was a 1 man band, and the models who show
the products they don't make much money at all.

You heard of small claims court TV show "Judge Judy"?
I was sort of surprised when i heard she's actually paid like 30 million US dollars every year.
He made 10 million a season. But that was a lot of money back then. Consider Wayne Gretzky made a million a year back then

JC Superstar

Aug 7, 2013
Before The Price is Right, I watched him in the Quiz Show "Truth or Consequences"; he was already the presence he would be later.

When I was in college, I introduced The Price is Right to a frenchman newly arrived in Canada. He was flabbergasted, is only comment being:" why do they put commercials in that show?"

RIP Bob, a long career being the flagship of consumerism.

Last edited:
Reactions: angusyoung

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Before The Price is Right, I watched him in the Quiz Show "Truth or Consequences"; he was already the presence he would be later.

When I was in college, I introduced The Price is Right to a frenchman newly arrived in Canada. He was flaggerblasted, is only comment being:" why do they put commercials in that show?"

RIP Bob, a long career being the flagship of consumerism.
You must be old. That's going back to my day.. The Jean Beliveau era.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Remember Dollard St-Laurent?
No, he before my time. I met him once at closing of Forum game though.

You must be damn near 80? Because he played in Montreal back late '50s. I looked it up.

Earliest I can remember is late '60s. Beliveau scoring in overtime. I can remember the '71 and '73 cup wins vividly though. I still think that '73 team was our best ever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad