RIP Sir Bobby Charlton

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
RIP. I have to deal with someone who has dementia and I don’t think there’s much of a worse death other than being tortured.

Reactions: Jussi

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
RIP. Survived the Munich air disaster to live a full life. Can be called a true gentleman.

So Geoff Hurst is now the only one alive from the 1966 winning squad? England probably won't win anything before he is gone too.

Pivotal member of the first ever English winner of the CL (European Cup).

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
RIP. Survived the Munich air disaster to live a full life. Can be called a true gentleman.

So Geoff Hurst is now the only one alive from the 1966 winning squad? England probably won't win anything before he is gone too.

Pivotal member of the first ever English winner of the CL (European Cup).
In addition to that, Denis Law is the only one left alive from United's Holy Trinity, the statue outside Old Trafford. And he was diagnosed with vascular dementia and Alzheimers two years ago. :(

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Found this one:

It was known that he was two footed but at the end he's giving corners with both feet. Who does that nowadays?

Great video to help me get acquainted with a player I wasn't much familiar with. His skill set looks like it could have easily translated to modern football, which isn't the case for a lot of these old-timers. He looks like a mix of de Bruyne and Haaland (sorry for the blasphemy, wish I could have offered United comparatives but I don't see any)

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
The first of only nine players to win the World Cup, Ballon d'Or and European Cup.

20 years old at the time of the Munich Disaster, he went on to have a massive impact on the club.

One of the greatest and most important players in United's history.

RIP

Reactions: Jussi

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
RIP

But I admit I had no idea who this bloke was, what would his modern-day equivalent be?
3df74i.gif

Seriously though, how old are you to not have known about Bobby Charlton? I find it hard to believe for any 30-40 year old to not have known him from football history. Granted, I'm of the the age group who was treated to several historic World Cup recaps on Eurosport before Italia '90 and in the 90's and was informed on great players and teams of yesteryears.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
3df74i.gif

Seriously though, how old are you to not have known about Bobby Charlton? I find it hard to believe for any 30-40 year old to not have known him from football history. Granted, I'm of the the age group who was treated to several historic World Cup recaps on Eurosport before Italia '90 and in the 90's and was informed on great players and teams of yesteryears.
Impossible to know who he wasn't

I mean he is a Man City legend

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad