RIP Pete Frates

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Pete Frates, the inspiration for the Ice Bucket Challenge to benefit, ALS, has died, according to his family.

"Today Heaven received our angel: Peter Frates. A husband to Julie, a father to Lucy, a son to John and Nancy, a brother to Andrew and Jennifer, Pete passed away surrounded by his loving family, peacefully at age 34, after a heroic battle with ALS," the family said in a statement Monday.

usa_today_10783628.0.jpg

Dreghorn2

He's a Good Boy!
Feb 8, 2005
My brother has this disease, he is fighting very hard and has lasted longer than most, it's impossible to explain how how sad this makes those involved.

Seems everyone around my brother is taking the whole experience much worse than he is, it's amazing how he has tried to minimize the consequences for his friends and family.

He has never once complained to anyone about the hand dealt him.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
My brother has this disease, he is fighting very hard and has lasted longer than most, it's impossible to explain how how sad this makes those involved.

Seems everyone around my brother is taking the whole experience much worse than he is, it's amazing how he has tried to minimize the consequences for his friends and family.

My heart goes out to your family. Your brother is such a warrior

Reactions: Dreghorn2 and Lo97

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Rest in peace Pete. He was such an inspiration, my heart felt condolences to his family and friends.

Reactions: Lo97

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

My heart goes out to you.

Reactions: Dreghorn2

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

My thoughts are with your brother and family.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

I am sending a hug. It is a terrible disease. We can only hope that all the $$ raised for research will have some good results.

R.I.P Pete. You used what little time you had to inspire so many. You were a good human. I hope you are at peace.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

That can only be summed up in one word:

Courage.

Blessings to your brother, you, and your family

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
so sad, he left one heckuva legacy behind from the little I know or have read/watched about him. Be in Peace now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad