RIP Pelé

AlanHUK

5-14-6-1
Nov 27, 2010
Nottingham, England
Because of this film, he'll probably be featured in the In Memoriam segment at the Oscars:

One of the greatest defenders of all time crossing to the greatest striker of all time.

They also both feature in what I consider to be the best image related to football. If you didn't know the score you would have no idea who the winner of this game was just from the picture.

Pele isn't gloating, Moore isn't bitter in defeat
15iht-soccer-jumbo.jpg

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
One of the greatest defenders of all time crossing to the greatest striker of all time.

They also both feature in what I consider to be the best image related to football. If you didn't know the score you would have no idea who the winner of this game was just from the picture.

Pele isn't gloating, Moore isn't bitter in defeat
15iht-soccer-jumbo.jpg
Notable that Pelé became friends with Moore (especially) and Banks. I think he was friends with practically all of his big name opponents.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Always found it noble that despite FIFA always putting him and Maradona in the same tier he never shied away from making his disdain for the man publicly known.

Sucks we've now lost both of them.

DangeRouss

Sep 6, 2014
Bordeaux, Fra
He is the GOAT
No one else has really come close

The current Messi mania is partly a product of our Time where stats and communication have taken over the sport
Don't make me fool Messi is an awesome player and I was happy that he won the world cup the second I realize we lost it
...but he is good in a specific system and he has difficulties to adapt to others. Since he's playing for PSG he become a lambda player and that is not worthy of a GOAT.
His lack of charisma ends up tarnishing his image : the way he left Barca, the behavior of the Argentinians towards the Dutch and the French - we would not have seen that under the captaincy of a Beckenbauer, Platini, Cruyff or even Cristiano Ronaldo...

Reactions: Jussi

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
He is the GOAT
No one else has really come close

The current Messi mania is partly a product of our Time where stats and communication have taken over the sport
Don't make me fool Messi is an awesome player and I was happy that he won the world cup the second I realize we lost it
...but he is good in a specific system and he has difficulties to adapt to others. Since he's playing for PSG he become a lambda player and that is not worthy of a GOAT.
His lack of charisma ends up tarnishing his image : the way he left Barca, the behavior of the Argentinians towards the Dutch and the French - we would not have seen that under the captaincy of a Beckenbauer, Platini, Cruyff or even Cristiano Ronaldo...
Huh? How in the world would that tarnish anyones legacy? Lmao.

DangeRouss

Sep 6, 2014
Bordeaux, Fra
My English is not good, tarnishing its image is too strong an expression for what I mean
but what is sure is that his image is not as smooth as people want to give him at the moment, and I discussed this with players who have crossed his path
That said, I'm curious to see the end of the season of PSG and especially if they will finally manage to make their big three play together

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Wait, what? The only reputation that tarnished is Laporta's, and he didn't have a lot to start with.

I'd say it's more with the way he's willing to take money from/promote just about every oil state or suspicious heads of state:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I'd say it's more with the way he's willing to take money from/promote just about every oil state or suspicious heads of state:

Lol are you joking?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad