Post-Game Talk: RIP Mike Babcock Sr.

rx7dryver

Apr 11, 2009
RIP playoffs too. What a gong show.

The games this week are true must wins. If they get hamburgled they are cooked.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Not gonna win many when you allow 5 goals.

Goaltending and special teams brought us down. We played a decent game otherwise.

Sucks.

Thrasher1993

Mar 3, 2015
Its just like the wings to lose to a team that was winless in eight at home. Babcock please dont come back

J-Swift

Jan 5, 2006
Watching the Wings try to play dump-and-chase is painful. They totally forget to do the "chase" part.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I guess everyone is off the Mrazek bandwagon now that he's shown to not be ready for the starter role?

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
I missed the third. Did they said Babs' dad died? That could explain the marked fall off in our play. Wouldn't blame him for being distracted and not fully in the games of late with pops going downhill.

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
Yet another one goal loss. If you are a masochist, go watch those GA again. This loss is on Mrazek and some bad D.

90 seconds til OTT loses, Wings should be praying for that.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Not gonna win many when you allow 5 goals.

Goaltending and special teams brought us down. We played a decent game otherwise.

Sucks.

I think goaltending is why the PK has been so bad. Howard and Mrazek have been insanely inconsistent. Babcock and the players can point the finger at themselves, but the biggest issue is in net.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Hey maybe it's not entirely on the goalies. Bad with Howard in, bad with Mrazek in... Maybe defense has a little bit to do with it too.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I missed the third. Did they said Babs' dad died? That could explain the marked fall off in our play. Wouldn't blame him for being distracted and not fully in the games of late with pops going downhill.

He passed away yesterday, but while I sympathize, that shouldn't be an excuse for the players. But I still blame Mrazek for this loss.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
I think goaltending is why the PK has been so bad. Howard and Mrazek have been insanely inconsistent. Babcock and the players can point the finger at themselves, but the biggest issue is in net.

Yeah Mrazek should have had two of those PP goals

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Every time when you're optimistic that they may be back on track, they lose again. Goaltending and PK was awful today.

Sheriff Bert

Blash is Trash
Apr 24, 2014
Buffalo, NY
I give up. Another horrible game. Why can't we have a goaltender that goaltends? Mrazek has a great game then gets yanked. Then Howard has a good game and gets yanked. If we took their genes and mixed them we would have a consistent goali .

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Hey maybe it's not entirely on the goalies. Bad with Howard in, bad with Mrazek in... Maybe defense has a little bit to do with it too.

It has something to do with it but the goalies have to make the necessary saves. They aren't doing that. It's not like all the goals against come from great chances due to defensive breakdowns

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
Nice to have a power play in the 3rd but the refs have to go into their brain dead let the players decide the game inspite of the 3 goals on the power play the islanders scored. hook hold clutch grab and repeat.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Yeah, there wasn't really a stand-out issue this game other than an across the board non-focus. And goaltending.

Actually, I gave Tatar a vote when he really doesn't deserve one after that snafu at the point. Dock his vote one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad