RIP mc79hockey

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
With Tyler Dellow's hiring by the Oilers, it appears that his blog (mc79hockey) is gone. It had some truly great reads and interesting analysis on it. Does anyone know of a cached version online? There's some stuff I hadn't gotten around to reading that I wanted to.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
I am surprised there are any bloggers left. It has amazed me how far ahead the blog geniuses were compared to million dollar franchises in "technology" to evaluate the game.

Good for him. Sorry, I can't help with your original request.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Thus ends the "that's why you don't work for an NHL team" quip. Good luck Tyler. I'm sure you'll do well.

Steve Simmons in the mean time I think just bought a bagel with cream cheese or something

BroadwayJay*

Thus ends the "that's why you don't work for an NHL team" quip. Good luck Tyler. I'm sure you'll do well.

Steve Simmons in the mean time I think just bought a bagel with cream cheese or something

Steve Simmons is probably throwing stats out the window somewhere.

Boy, that radio battle is so much better in light of Tyler's hiring, isn't it?

Yemeth

Feb 3, 2013
Zagreb

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
he is the 3rd member of the oilers' analytical staff. The first two work primarily with the GM's and Dellow will be working with the coaching staff.

Dellow has been doing some interesting work on zone entry / exit strategies and it was Oiler coach Eakins who hired him.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
The blog is offline? Who does that?
Presumably someone who got hired in large part because of the type of analysis on his blog, and who feels that removing it from the public "protects" his intelectual property in some way. Alternatively, the team could have requested it down assuming his analysis will be similar and wanted the information all to themselves. Or some combination of those two factors.

As https://archive.org/web/web.php has it not, I have found something here:

http://archive.today/www.mc79hockey.com

Hope this helps.

Cheers...
Thanks! :)

he is the 3rd member of the oilers' analytical staff. The first two work primarily with the GM's and Dellow will be working with the coaching staff.

Dellow has been doing some interesting work on zone entry / exit strategies and it was Oiler coach Eakins who hired him.
Interesting. I'd assume his work regarding Oilers faceoffs and whatnot that he was examining late in the year might have caught Eakins' eye as well.

Ho Borvat

Sep 29, 2009
Presumably someone who got hired in large part because of the type of analysis on his blog, and who feels that removing it from the public "protects" his intelectual property in some way. Alternatively, the team could have requested it down assuming his analysis will be similar and wanted the information all to themselves. Or some combination of those two factors.

This, and the fact that Dellow blog basically broke down what areas the Oilers suck at to a level that a dummy like me could understand.

If Dellow is hired by the Oilers, why continue to make his blog (highlighting things the Oilers suck at) public and available to the other teams?

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
while he was relieved of his duties in Jan 2015--looks like the oilers took action over his twitter comments today after Hall tweeted support for #lettalk--he has now killed both his twitter and webpage over the back lash

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
while he was relieved of his duties in Jan 2015--looks like the oilers took action over his twitter comments today after Hall tweeted support for #lettalk--he has now killed both his twitter and webpage over the back lash
pAwrj5v.gif

He also tweeted out "#BellLetsSpam" and then claimed people "misunderstood" the point he was trying to make. His last five tweets can be seen by Googling his handle:

I want to clarify my point from earlier, as it seems to have been misunderstood. I don't like the corporate aspects of the Bell thing or...

...how it encourages just tweeting nothing with a hashtag. It kind of renders the platform unusable for a day if you follow a lot of people.

Obviously, I expressed that poorly because otherwise sensible people seem to have misundestood what I was saying.

If anyone thought I was referring to the @tsnscottcullen or @stace_ofbase posts I RTd as spam, I wasn't at all.

Sorry for any confusion.
Raising money for mental health was ruining his Twitter experience today. How old is this guy?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
The irony of people not listening to what he had to say & bullying him off twitter on national 'talk about mental health' is incredible.

And I completely agree with Bell using this as an ad for themselves by putting their company name in the hashtag. It's a great thing but it's also kind of disgusting.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
The irony of people not listening to what he had to say & bullying him off twitter on national 'talk about mental health' is incredible.

And I completely agree with Bell using this as an ad for themselves by putting their company name in the hashtag. It's a great thing but it's also kind of disgusting.
I don't think he was bullied off Twitter, he's been in hundreds of fights on there. I bet the Oilers told him to dump his account instead of making more stupid tweets about a campaign the team he's associated with actively supports.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London

So you're saying that a company needs an incentive to do something like this? Ground breaking.

Ogopogo*

The combination of Craig MacTavish, Dallas Eakins and Tyler Dellow was the biggest disaster in the history of hockey. To this day, if anyone even mentions the word 'Corsi' in this town, they should be publicly humiliated in Churchill Square at high noon on a work day.

What a group of boobs. What a moronic strategy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad