RIP Matthew Wuest

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
RIP Matthew Wuest, so young went way to soon. My thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

Last edited:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
So saddened to hear of this.....Capgeek was a great site for all hockey fans......hope somehow, some way, it gets picked up and revived....couldn't think of a better legacy and recognition for the founder and a great resource for future generations of hockey fans.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
I was surprised the site was shut down. It's no wonder.

Rest easy.

Fat Tony

Fire Benning
Nov 28, 2011
How old was he?

Too young.

matthewwuest.png

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Damn.
He made maybe the best hockey website in history, feel for his family and friends.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
So saddened to hear of this.....Capgeek was a great site for all hockey fans......hope somehow, some way, it gets picked up and revived....couldn't think of a better legacy and recognition for the founder and a great resource for future generations of hockey fans.

The website said they permanently ceased operations. They're not going revive it, that would be a slap across the face to Matthew.

Cancer sucks, it has happened to my aunt, thankfully she survived because it was still in the early stages and she's fairly old (about 60). I would never wish cancer upon my worst enemy.

thegutter

May 22, 2011
The website said they permanently ceased operations. They're not going revive it, that would be a slap across the face to Matthew.

Cancer sucks, it has happened to my aunt, thankfully she survived because it was still in the early stages and she's fairly old (about 60). I would never wish cancer upon my worst enemy.

Sucks, capgeek was a great website. Rip matthew. But unless he specifically stated he didn't want the website reopened i wish someone could do it. Not only because its greatly informative but because it would also honour him and his creation.

jay-P

Dec 21, 2005
Finland
Damn.
He made maybe the best hockey website in history, feel for his family and friends.

He didn't run only Capgeek. From 2000 to 2013 he ran Red Wings Central, which was for the longest time the best resource to find info on Red Wings prospects. Every month he would post an article where someone in the Detroit management or scouting team would comment on how someone is progressing. After the draft his coverage was invaluable: He would provide info and comments from the organisation on the obscure picks the Wings were making. Thanks to his connections to the Wings, you could always know what Ken Holland, Jim Nill and HÃ¥kan Andersson are thinking about a prospect of ours.

RIP Matt.

Last edited:

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Condolences to his family and friends.

Thank you for your significant contributions to the hockey community.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad