RIP Matthew Spezza

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
What a sad story. Your heart just aches for his family and friends.

The elephant in the room here, of course, is the opioid crisis. The number of lives being lost to overdoses now is shocking, and I fear that we are becoming numb to it. Credit to Jason Spezza for being open about the cause of his brother's death - that couldn't have been easy, but in only in talking about it openly can we hope to address it.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
Dude was a fixture in the bar scene when I was in it as well. Nice guy. Simple guy in many ways. Hope his family finds peace in knowing how many people liked him.

Oscar The Grouch

Oct 16, 2021
What a sad story. Your heart just aches for his family and friends.

The elephant in the room here, of course, is the opioid crisis. The number of lives being lost to overdoses now is shocking, and I fear that we are becoming numb to it. Credit to Jason Spezza for being open about the cause of his brother's death - that couldn't have been easy, but in only in talking about it openly can we hope to address it.

I know multiple high-functioning people who were having a fun Saturday night and died. It's a thing.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Such sad news.

Sounds silly but I hope Jason wins his Cup and can feel like a little kid again with his siblings and family and make that dream come true for his bro.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
RIP. It's not easy being the sibling of a successful person, especially one in the public eye. I wish the family peace and healing.

Reactions: Tuna99

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I know multiple high-functioning people who were having a fun Saturday night and died. It's a thing.

Not to make this political but the only way to eliminate the black market is to legalize and regulate.

If there are criminals making profit off drugs, there's no way to control what goes in those drugs. Enter fentanyl.

It's sad.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I remember when he and another guy saved a girl from being assaulted/or was just assaulted and they chased the guy through the city while on the phone with the police.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad