Pre-Game Talk: RIP lowetide's wife

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
We already know what Shore brings which is a whole lot of nothing while helping the pk become one of the worst in the league. Benson actually looked good to great before he got hurt in preseason I'd much rather see what he's capable of instead of wasting games on a guy who more than likely won't have a contract next year.
Ha ha. Benson looked good to great. At preseason no less. Thats fantastic.
Listen, call me crazy, but I like guys who can actually play in the NHL, even as a 3rd or 4th liner, over those who cant.
And oh, btw there's this thingy called the internet now. Shore ranks 20th shorthanded toi per game on the Oilers. At 23 secs p/g.
Too funny

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
I’ve never had the fortune of meeting Lowetide. I’ve listened to him almost every day for a long time now and his blog is a daily read. The way he infuses so much of the stories of his childhood, his wife and family makes a lot of people feel like they know him. For me personally, his roots felt much like my own.
Reading the news about Mrs. Lowetide felt very personal. His beautiful description of her and her passing brought me to tears. Reading many other posters’ reactions shows I’m hardly alone.
Allan, if you ever read this, please know that you are held dearly by many people whom you’ve never met. Your loss is palpable and is shared. She sounds like she was a lovely woman and I offer my most heart-felt sympathy.

Last edited:

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
It took a bit to get around to bumping this, but what Lowetide wrote just after the Easter weekend deserves a mention. He talks about how he is doing. It’s a hard thing to read, but it’s worth it. Simply beautifully written. Without pretence, elegant, achingly honest, and from a place so close to the heart. I highly recommend it.

Take care, Allan.

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
It took a bit to get around to bumping this, but what Lowetide wrote just after the Easter weekend deserves a mention. He talks about how he is doing. It’s a hard thing to read, but it’s worth it. Simply beautifully written. Without pretence, elegant, achingly honest, and from a place so close to the heart. I highly recommend it.

Take care, Allan.
Would you be so kind as to post the link? I looked but obviously I need glasses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad