RIP Elgin Baylor

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
clippers-lottery-manning-jersey.vresize.1024.576.high.39.jpg

I was just thinking about Baylor recently. I always point to 1988 as a pivotal year as that was the first time I could remember being old enough to comprehend sports. Growing up in LA that was convenient timing with the Lakers/Dodgers winning. I remembered recently that my fascination with the NBA Draft also began that year. I have this indelible image of the Clippers winning the 1988 Draft Lottery and Baylor whipped out a Danny Manning Clippers jersey. Even though I don't really watch the NBA nowadays, I'll still tune in for the draft.

Elvis P

You ain't nothin but a hound dog
Dec 10, 2007
Graceland
...I was just thinking about Baylor recently. I always point to 1988 as a pivotal year as that was the first time I could remember being old enough to comprehend sports. Growing up in LA that was convenient timing with the Lakers/Dodgers winning. I remembered recently that my fascination with the NBA Draft also began that year. I have this indelible image of the Clippers winning the 1988 Draft Lottery and Baylor whipped out a Danny Manning Clippers jersey. Even though I don't really watch the NBA nowadays, I'll still tune in for the draft.
Nice post. Although he's arguably the worst NBA GM ever, he's also top 3 all time in PPG with 27.4! :eek:

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Nice post. Although he's arguably the worst NBA GM ever, he's also top 3 all time in PPG with 27.4! :eek:

Yeah I was too young to experience his playing days, but his GM tenure was........entertaining if for the wrong reasons. I think one draft broadcast termed him a "veteran of the lottery process."

Reactions: Hawkman

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
one of the more forgotten all time greats. wish he could've played out his last season (71-72) and finally won a title after all those heartbreaks

RIP

Reactions: Hawkman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad