RIP Elgin Baylor

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
clippers-lottery-manning-jersey.vresize.1024.576.high.39.jpg

I was just thinking about Baylor recently. I always point to 1988 as a pivotal year as that was the first time I could remember being old enough to comprehend sports. Growing up in LA that was convenient timing with the Lakers/Dodgers winning. I remembered recently that my fascination with the NBA Draft also began that year. I have this indelible image of the Clippers winning the 1988 Draft Lottery and Baylor whipped out a Danny Manning Clippers jersey. Even though I don't really watch the NBA nowadays, I'll still tune in for the draft.

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
...I was just thinking about Baylor recently. I always point to 1988 as a pivotal year as that was the first time I could remember being old enough to comprehend sports. Growing up in LA that was convenient timing with the Lakers/Dodgers winning. I remembered recently that my fascination with the NBA Draft also began that year. I have this indelible image of the Clippers winning the 1988 Draft Lottery and Baylor whipped out a Danny Manning Clippers jersey. Even though I don't really watch the NBA nowadays, I'll still tune in for the draft.
Nice post. Although he's arguably the worst NBA GM ever, he's also top 3 all time in PPG with 27.4! :eek:

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Nice post. Although he's arguably the worst NBA GM ever, he's also top 3 all time in PPG with 27.4! :eek:

Yeah I was too young to experience his playing days, but his GM tenure was........entertaining if for the wrong reasons. I think one draft broadcast termed him a "veteran of the lottery process."

Reactions: Hawkman

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
one of the more forgotten all time greats. wish he could've played out his last season (71-72) and finally won a title after all those heartbreaks

RIP

Reactions: Hawkman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad