RIP Dutch from TSN

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
He was the local ITV sports guy when I was in Edmonton at University in the 80s. He was "the man"!

Reactions: horner

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
Loved Dutchy!! He was always a smiley, happy, positive guy, tons of energy. Seemed like a guy people would love if you knew him personally. RIP, Dutch and condolences to his family that have likely endured a ton the last few years.

blue stick

Jan 28, 2019
RIP Dutchy, gone far too soon. Also sad that his brother-in-law former NHLer Kelly Chase is also battling cancer, tough times for that family

Reactions: Niagara Bill

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Man that is rough...guy was so good at his job, seemed like a really good dude, very charismatic.

R.I.P big guy, way too young.

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
Legitimately gutted.

R.I.P. Dutch

Condolences and prayers to/for the family.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Shows you that life can change in a flash ... Hug your loved ones every day

We bitch about the Leafs being sucky in the playoffs every year but this puts in perspective that health is wealth. The most important thing in life

Frostitute

Feb 9, 2022
Northern Ontario
I miss him already. I close my eyes and I can picture him sitting at that desk and can here his voice doing the top 10.

Or tradecenter 08 and the "Hal Gills long stick" debacle haha

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I'm 30 and don't remember sportscentre without him. His voice along with hedger are synonymous with it for me. Guy was an absolute unit too. Going to miss him a lot. He can be the announcer with a long stick in the sky now.

Reactions: Peasy

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022
He used to crack me up. Good guy. Legend on TSN. I remember a few years ago he was reporting on a UFC event and he was clearly high on coke lol. This hits hard man. Dude was young.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
It just donned on me that he's basically been the voice of highlights & sportscenter for probably as long as I've been a fan of sports in this country.

What a massive, massive loss for Canadian sport. This sucks. I can practically hear his voice joking around with Hedger
Well spoken.

Here’s a guy that until today I’d never have listed off as a giant of my sports love, but now here today hearing he’s gone, he was. And I genuinely thought “oh shit that f***ing sucks, for real?” hearing it today.

Ya, he was the TSN anchor, before there was Sportsnet, I watched that shit every day, because there wasn’t YouTube, or a zillion other platforms to watch the highlights of the night. And he was great, like all these guys are saying, like siting down with a bud with a beer and sports-ing.

RIP Dutchie.

Reactions: Tak7

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
He had such an amazing energy. Loved his work.

As a big CFL guy he also did so much great work on that front. He will be missed.

So sad! I thought he was in-remission, didn’t he return to work recently?
He did return to work but was not in remission.

He was treating the cancer but it has spread to a point where it was not going to go away.

Reactions: francis246

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad