RIP Anthony Johnson

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
He did say he was dealing with some health problems.

He's obviously had some out of cage issues, will leave those aside here. One of the most exciting fighters in ufc history.

Got to see him live once, unfortunately for one of his least-interesting fights vs Dan Hardy.

I don't have many "favorite" fighters, but he was certainly one. RIP.

Last edited:
Reactions: h2

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
One of the more memorable fighters of his time. RIP to a guy with the most power I’ve seen pre-Francis. A legend of the game despite not getting gold.

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
One of the hardest hitters in the sport ever, it’s a shame we never got to see him fight Jones. RIP

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
From what I understand that disorder made him more susceptible to cancer

f***ing tragic man. Wish we could see him in bellator again. Seems like all of his peers in the sport like him.

Last edited:

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
It's always scary when something like this happens. Doesn't matter if you're in good shape or even an elite level athlete. Life can f*** you hard at any time.

This sucks, he was a terrifying human once he figured out his weight class. From everything I’ve ever seen of him or read about him, sounds like he was a great guy.
Not to speak ill of the dead, but...

Reactions: m9

h2

Mar 26, 2002
There was a brief time back around 2016-2017 when I thought he was the most dangerous fighter on the entire roster. Very entertaining fighter that will not be forgotten.

RIP brotha!

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
There was a brief time back around 2016-2017 when I thought he was the most dangerous fighter on the entire roster. Very entertaining fighter that will not be forgotten.

RIP brotha!

Yeah.

There was a time that I thought he was a guy that could potentially beat GSP. And then later, a guy that I thought could potentially beat Jon Jones.

Shows just how wild his career was.

(And also how wrong I was, but we can ignore that part.)

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
One of the most exciting fighters In UFC history.

I was at the fight where Johnson kicked Charlie Brenneman’s head off. I’ll never be able to understand how Johnson made the weight cut to 170.

RIP

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
It's always scary when something like this happens. Doesn't matter if you're in good shape or even an elite level athlete. Life can f*** you hard at any time.

Not to speak ill of the dead, but...

Yeah definitely a polarizing figure- has a lot of respect from his peers, media, and fans who he was kind to (lots of stories of that) but also clearly had an issue with DV earlier in his career, which is obviously not something to lightly wash over. He did seem to have regrets about who he was earlier in his life on his Instagram over the last few years so I only hope his final years involved more peace.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I remember him when he was a welterweight which was crazy.

If he could have found a way to stay there, which was never going to happen because the fact that he was a welterweight at ANY point was ridiculous.

But if he could have found a way to stay at Welterweight he absolutely could have KO'ed
GSP, and I LOVE GSP

But rumble power was different.

RIP

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Sad to hear this. He was a great fighter when he was focused. His early career KOs of Chad Reiner and Tommy Speer were absolutely vicious. I thought for sure he'd be a future champion. Didn't pan out that way but still had an impressive career.

RIP Rumble

Forester65

Jan 31, 2019
One of the more memorable fighters of his time. RIP to a guy with the most power I’ve seen pre-Francis. A legend of the game despite not getting gold.
Also amazing for fighting at a wide range of weights. Hard to believe he started at welterweight. He was willing to go through some brutal cuts and still had power.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad