OT: BOJANGLES PARKING LOT

hockeynjune

Just a soft breeze
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021
I honestly don't have the fight or heart left in me.
Yeah, taking a long look at my ROI with these guys over the last six years. Watched at least 80 games every year. There was a reason I quit doing that in the past. Might be time to make my own adjustments.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Daeavorn

livin' that no caps life
Oct 8, 2019
Raleigh, NC
I kind of think we may need to explore trading svechnikov.

For a guy to be so prominent on our team and one of our top point scorers, I don't really feel like he's that dangerous when he's on the ice.

He takes a shitload of penalties, and we don't really get any goal scoring to make up for it.

He's not really super physical, and he's not crunching people in the playoffs.

So what is he offering us right now exactly?

hockeynjune

Just a soft breeze
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021

For a guy to be so prominent on our team and one of our top point scorers, I don't really feel like he's that dangerous when he's on the ice.

He takes a shitload of penalties, and we don't really get any goal scoring to make up for it.

The lacrosse goal once a year is cool …?

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Yeah, taking a long look at my ROI with these guys over the last six years. Watched at least 80 games every year. There was a reason I quit doing that in the past. Might be time to make my own adjustments.
I didn't watch any road games this year because I don't get Bally and won't pay their fees to watch.

I am giving up season tickets because the cost is getting to be absurd to watch this team play. And I don't know if I'll be able to watch any games next year because I refuse to pay for Bally.

I just don't think it's financially worth it to be invested in this team right now. Yeah they are good, but my money can be better spent elsewhere, especially for a team that routinely falls into the same bad and frustrating tendencies every year when the stakes rise. As much as Dundon wants to say he is operating this team like a modern agile business, it's concerning that we still see the team make the same mistakes year after year.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
d9mnc8kpg9z81.jpg

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
Darcy K. or a young caps player or two for Svech? Him playing with Ovi would be interesting….

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm

I don't agree with this premise given that he is still coming back from the knee surgery last year.

That said, my son has started calling him (in Martinook's voice) "Missthe Netikov!"

hockeynjune

Just a soft breeze
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021
I didn't watch any road games this year because I don't get Bally and won't pay their fees to watch.

I am giving up season tickets because the cost is getting to be absurd to watch this team play. And I don't know if I'll be able to watch any games next year because I refuse to pay for Bally.

I just don't think it's financially worth it to be invested in this team right now. Yeah they are good, but my money can be better spent elsewhere, especially for a team that routinely falls into the same bad and frustrating tendencies every year when the stakes rise. As much as Dundon wants to say he is operating this team like a modern agile business, it's concerning that we still see the team make the same mistakes year after year.
The money is for sure a big issue but for me it’s the time. You are right about the YOY same issues.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Daeavorn

livin' that no caps life
Oct 8, 2019
Raleigh, NC
I don't agree with this premise given that he is still coming back from the knee surgery last year.

That said, my son has started calling him (in Martinook's voice) "Missthe Netikov!"

This isn't the first year he's disappeared in the playoffs though.

After that huge hit on hampus Lindholm, he completely disappeared in 22.

He's supposed to be a star player but he's the worst player on the first line by a lot.

The penalties are getting extremely tiresome, especially if he's not going to score.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Svech isn't going anywhere. He's just hitting 14 months out from an ACL tear, and likely other repair from his 2020 knee injury. And he just turned 24 in March.

He will look much better next year and be a foundation for this franchise. Even if he never leads the league in scoring, he plays Rod's game now with talent.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

To quote King @Svechhammer “Maybe go cheer for someone else if you don't like the frustration”

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Chrispy

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
I'll go anywhere for a chicken & rice bowl, but this is the worst Bojangles parking lot ever.

It's just f***ing tiresome..

57 shots.

5 pp

3 goals 0ppg..

All we had to do was hold a lead for 20 minutes or socre 1 ppg on 5 pp. It was just too much to ask.
Was I the only one eating dinner, drinking beer and enjoying the game? HCanes won at least one round 6 playoffs in a row. Nobody else has more than 3. They're in the mix man, they're playing good hockey every year. 32 teams means if you're old enough to remember 06 clearly, there's a good chance Canes will just win one more Cup before you die.

Enjoy the ride fam, even if if involves losing two 1-goal games on the road to start a series.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Y’all watched 10 years of this team missing the playoffs every single year, but a team holding a post lockout NHL record for most seasons in a row winning at least one playoff series really is the final straw for you, huh? Oh the humanity, this really really good team hasn’t won a Cup yet.

The badge of honor you all wore for sticking around during the Jamie McBain and Andrej Nestrasil years is staring at you from its unceremonious place in your closet and mocking you like “aww sweetie what is it now, has the butler not been attentive enough in keeping your drink refreshed?”

This fanbase used to be a Cardiac Canes fanbase. In ‘06 my ass didn’t leave the seat in Game 2 against NJD when NJ scored with 20 seconds left, and a bunch of yours didn’t either. Have some swagger for goodness sake. And if you’re lucky enough to be at PNC tomorrow, scream your head off.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
To quote King @Svechhammer “Maybe go cheer for someone else if you don't like the frustration”
I know you're joking but I didn't renew my season tickets and will not pay for a Bally's subscription, so I kind of already made that call. They financially frustrated me to the point where I cut the cord and I'm moving on.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I know you're joking but I didn't renew my season tickets and will not pay for a Bally's subscription, so I kind of already made that call. They financially frustrated me to the point where I cut the cord and I'm moving on.
I’m not joking. If this team makes you so unhappy, you should move on. No issues with that.

Just comical that you were telling me and others to root for other teams if we don’t like the frustration, only to say you are giving up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad