RIP Angelo Mosca

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
" Big Nasty " Angelo Mosca died today at the age of 84. :(

77aed2bb27fff1e3d01970a84d370046--king-kong-angelo.jpg

from slamwrestling.net:

Angelo “King Kong” Mosca, star of the gridiron and the ring, has died. He was 84, and had been suffering through Alzheimer’s disease for many years.

His family shared the news: “It is with great sadness that the family of Angelo Mosca announce his passing on November 6, 2021, after a lengthy battle with Alzheimer’s. Angelo was a loving husband, father, grandfather and great-grandfather as well as friend to so many. Angelo was 84 years old. We ask that you respect the family’s privacy at this time. More details will be shared when arrangements have been made.”

Undoubtedly, when fans talk about football greats who went into pro wrestling, Mosca has to be among the top. And, unlike many who went from football into wrestling, Mosca managed dual careers for many years.

As Mosca said in 2008: “Wrestling was tailor-made for me. If you knew how to talk and tell lies, boy, I was right there. I went all over the world.”

Full story: Angelo Mosca dead at 84 | Slam Wrestling

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
The first wrestling card I ever attended was in Ottawa in 1980. One of the advertised matches was Jesse Ventura & Adrian Adonis vs Steve Olsonoski & The Crusher. Before the match, an announcement was made that The Crusher was a no-show. The fans loudly booed and chanted that it was BS and a rip-off, while Ventura and Adonis strutted around the ring demanding a forfeit. After a lengthy delay, they announced that they were able to bring in a substitute partner, and the arena just erupted when they saw Angelo Mosca running towards the ring.

He was mostly known as a heel in the U.S., but fans in Canada loved him, and he was the top Babyface in Frank Tunney's Maple Leaf Wrestling promotion in the early 80s.

Rest in peace King Kong.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
It can be argued who the greatest player in Ticats history is but it can't be argued who is the most beloved. May we be parading around The Donut Box with the Grey Cup this December while you look down from the best seats in the house.

Reactions: BadgerBruce

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad