Injury Report: Rinne Out (Hip Infection), Hellberg called up - MOD warning post #195

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
Have you been watching Hutton? Even if his teammates aren't playing sound defense, he's good for 2-3 softies a game.

Have you watched that tool Bryz? Their is a reason he was unsigned.
,Also do we not give are current goalies atleast a shot before we go throwing away assets?

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
,Also do we not give are current goalies atleast a shot before we go throwing away assets?

To continue to put young players who are not NHL ready into situations where they must preform is a recipe for disaster. For some reason the staff does not think Hellberg is ready. Im at a loss with that I think Hellberg would be an option but that's me, there must be something we do not know about him.

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009

Not really. I've only seen him play a game or two with Philly. I'm inferring that at times he has been solid based on his contracts. At this point, I think anyone with NHL experience is better than Hutton.

Mazanek will get his shot tonight. But there is a reason Korn and Trotz have held back with Mazanek and Hellberg.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Not really. I've only seen him play a game or two with Philly. I'm inferring that at times he has been solid based on his contracts. At this point, I think anyone with NHL experience is better than Hutton.

Mazanek will get his shot tonight. But there is a reason Korn and Trotz have held back with Mazanek and Hellberg.
There's also a reason Korn wanted Hutton this summer. Hopefully his judgement is wrong on this one also

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN

I think it's more Trotz. We all see how he is with young players.

6 8 5 13

Oct 26, 2009
I heard on sports centre a few days ago that Rinne had an upcoming MRI which would determine an approximate timeline for his return. Has he had the MRI yet? What's the latest?

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I heard on sports centre a few days ago that Rinne had an upcoming MRI which would determine an approximate timeline for his return. Has he had the MRI yet? What's the latest?

The last update I saw was that he had a MRI in early November and was scheduled for his next in "late November" (which I guess it is).

The Preds beat writer posted a pic yesterday of Rinne which looked like he didn't have crutches. That's all I got.

The Sweetness

Jul 15, 2010
Stockholm
Any update on how Wilson is coming along?

I'm also wondering how he has played this year before his injury. He seemed to really be impressive last year based on the little I saw of him. Has he taken the next step in his game or does it seem last year was possibly a blip?

Thanks for the insight.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Any update on how Wilson is coming along?

I'm also wondering how he has played this year before his injury. He seemed to really be impressive last year based on the little I saw of him. Has he taken the next step in his game or does it seem last year was possibly a blip?

Thanks for the insight.

consistency is his issue as is the whole team. put wilson on an actual first line, i think he nets 55+ points easy. hard to rack up points with our forwards. he still has work to do for sure. really like wilson though

The Sweetness

Jul 15, 2010
Stockholm
consistency is his issue as is the whole team. put wilson on an actual first line, i think he nets 55+ points easy. hard to rack up points with our forwards. he still has work to do for sure. really like wilson though
Great, thanks for the update. I'd love to hear thoughts from others as well.

cleangene63

Jan 25, 2006
Beautiful Bellevue
SL, (or anyone) do you think Poile immediately pursues an established goalie if the news isn't good about Peks for this season? Has Maz done enough to stop any of those ideas?

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
SL, (or anyone) do you think Poile immediately pursues an established goalie if the news isn't good about Peks for this season? Has Maz done enough to stop any of those ideas?

Besides Theodore in free agency there isn't anyone that can be had for cheap. This team is not a contender right now and one piece isn't going to make it one. If it is determined that Rinne is not able to return, then Poile will likely look at his options. Till then, Mazanec has provided the team with adequate goaltending in the interim.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Any update on Rinne lately? I know he was suppose to get an MRI in late November. It's now December, and I haven't heard anything new.. You guys got anything new?

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Any update on Rinne lately? I know he was suppose to get an MRI in late November. It's now December, and I haven't heard anything new.. You guys got anything new?

In all seriousness come back on Thursday, that's when the results of his MRI are to be released... he'll either be "on target" or there will be a "set back", so come back on Thursday for that par-tay

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
UPDATE: doctors are happy w/ progress. December 20th is date to do more "strenous work" .. im guess at least middle of january before a POSSIBLE comeback.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad