Rinaldo Gives Rangers Fans The Finger

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarbaraAlphanse

Not very different from the Carcillo celly. Just ups the level of animosity and raises the heat. I have no problem with it, I actually like it. Shows they got to him.

While I have no problem from that, obscene gestures tend to get anyone penalized in some form or another. You're subject to ejection and/or fine for showing obscene gestures or mouthing bad words on the jumbotron during a game. That's an ordinary fan.

Rinaldo should be under an even tighter microscope. The NHL is a business and its primary purpose, while to entertain fans, is surely to recruit to new fans. It's prime target demographic isn't casual fans that are old enough to not give two ***** about a middle finger. Their target demographic is young children who have the highest potential of reaching the highest hockey fan avidity out of any fans. The higher the avidity of a fan, the more revenues the league will make (longer duration of being a fan, more willing to buy apparel of team, more willing to go to the games than watch on tv, more willing to watch hockey on tv than another program... etc.).

The problem with allowing a player to go unpunished for such an act is that parents won't want to expose their children to such behavior at such a young age. If the NHL doesn't punish him, it sets a precedent for other players to act disrespectfully towards the crowd, and that will only harm the NHL's end goal of catering to these young kids and boosting revenues now and for the future.

I'm expecting a fine. No suspension. But discipline will likely be taken, either way.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
While I have no problem from that, obscene gestures tend to get anyone penalized in some form or another. You're subject to ejection and/or fine for showing obscene gestures or mouthing bad words on the jumbotron during a game. That's an ordinary fan.

Rinaldo should be under an even tighter microscope. The NHL is a business and its primary purpose, while to entertain fans, is surely to recruit to new fans. It's prime target demographic isn't casual fans that are old enough to not give two ***** about a middle finger. Their target demographic is young children who have the highest potential of reaching the highest hockey fan avidity out of any fans. The higher the avidity of a fan, the more revenues the league will make (longer duration of being a fan, more willing to buy apparel of team, more willing to go to the games than watch on tv, more willing to watch hockey on tv than another program... etc.).

The problem with allowing a player to go unpunished for such an act is that parents won't want to expose their children to such behavior at such a young age. If the NHL doesn't punish him, it sets a precedent for other players to act disrespectfully towards the crowd, and that will only harm the NHL's end goal of catering to these young kids and boosting revenues now and for the future.

I'm expecting a fine. No suspension. But discipline will likely be taken, either way.

I'm aware of it, and I think it's a joke.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Im sorry guys, but if you cant recieve a flip-off, hockey might not be the thing for you. I suggest soccer. Or golf.

...that being said - **** Rinaldo

Sergio Garcia has flipped off fans numerous times... including during the US Open at Bethpage.

Just sayin' :naughty:

Player big P

no more striptease no more flashes
Feb 4, 2010
Prague
I'd hop on the class action lawsuit as a victim of Zac Rinaldo's careless actions.

Dude is history's greatest monster.

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
Avery used to do this sort of thing all the time. Carcillo would do it. They're pests, that's what they do.

I just love how New Yorkers are like, "He gave me the finger!...the FINGER!"

Anyway, Rinaldo sucks, let's move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad