Rinaldo Gives Rangers Fans The Finger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
This should tarnish his otherwise classy image. Shame to see such a talented player taint his legacy this way.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
That's a line 99% of professional athletes know not to cross.

I'm fairly certain the NHL will not fine him, because (i) it never happened or (ii) it happened but PLAYOFFS.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
That's a line 99% of professional athletes know not to cross.

True, but Rinaldo is about as much a "professional athlete" as the girls who hold up round signs at boxing matches.

He's just a side show. Never produced in any league in his life. Undersized over-angry Green-Day looking sonofa*****

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
ahahaha oh cmon, just because Carcillo didn't flip off Philly fans doesn't mean he was basically doing the exact same thing after scoring his goal (and I'm pretty sure you can see him cursing out the Flyers fans). Yet everyone here loved that.

And no it's not different because Carcillo's came after a goal and Rinaldo was flipping people off after losing the game, it's still how you interact with fans and what kind of "respect" you're giving them.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Zero professionalism. Should get a fine like Andrew Ference did in MTL after scoring a goal. It's part of being on the road. The Fans will harass you. Have to be above that as a player in an opposing building.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Undersized over-angry Green-Day looking sonofa*****

Got a solid chuckle out of this.

My hypothetical unborn son would catch an earful for this. Otherwise, don't really care if Rinaldo does it. Not offended and par for the course. More amusing that he couldn't keep his cool.

shoves

Free orangejuice?
Nov 29, 2011
Im sorry guys, but if you cant recieve a flip-off, hockey might not be the thing for you. I suggest soccer. Or golf.

...that being said - **** Rinaldo

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Who cares. And I love how that blog shows the Flyers fans flipping off Carcillo, as if that's some unique occurrence. Philadelphia is a terrible place, but this **** is just silly.

Oh, but us New Yorkers would never flip a player the bird! /sarcasm

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
ahahaha oh cmon, just because Carcillo didn't flip off Philly fans doesn't mean he was basically doing the exact same thing after scoring his goal (and I'm pretty sure you can see him cursing out the Flyers fans). Yet everyone here loved that.

And no it's not different because Carcillo's came after a goal and Rinaldo was flipping people off after losing the game, it's still how you interact with fans and what kind of "respect" you're giving them.

Yup, and I'm sure Avery had some similar interactions with other team's fans when he was here (and when it comes to middle fingers, I know he definitely directed one of those towards the camera at least once). This sort of stuff doesn't offend me, but if other Rangers fans are offended by it when opponents do it, then they should hold our own players such as Carcillo/Avery/etc. to the same standard.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Zero professionalism. Should get a fine like Andrew Ference did in MTL after scoring a goal. It's part of being on the road. The Fans will harass you. Have to be above that as a player in an opposing building.

Why? He's not hurting his team. It's not like he's tarnishing his sterling image, or that of the Flyers organization for that matter. The only thing he hurts is potentially his wallet, and if he doesn't care, why should anyone else?

I like seeing fans and players interact. It spices up the rivalry.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
What is odd is that Ference got a suspension for giving the finger...

Why a gesture is more ignominious to the NHL FO than a hit to the head (Read) is beyond me.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Why? He's not hurting his team. It's not like he's tarnishing his sterling image, or that of the Flyers organization for that matter. The only thing he hurts is potentially his wallet, and if he doesn't care, why should anyone else?

I like seeing fans and players interact. It spices up the rivalry.

Yup, and this series could definitely use more personality, it's rather tame for a Rangers-Flyers matchup. There was a lot more hate from the fans in 1997 when the "Hexxxx-tall" chants would rain down from the rafters.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
New York fans don't deserve this. I hope everyone who saw him do it removed their monacles in disgust whilst clamouring, "Well, I never!" I hope it didn't ruin their appetites for intermission caviar. Wretched uncivilzed beast that Rinaldo is. Next thing you know he'll be out there trying to engage our players in fisticuffs or delivering low blows upon them! Classless.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Yup, and this series could definitely use more personality, it's rather tame for a Rangers-Flyers matchup. There was a lot more hate from the fans in 1997 when the "Hexxxx-tall" chants would rain down from the rafters.

They haven't had a playoff series in so long the rivalry kind of died out IMO

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
They haven't had a playoff series in so long the rivalry kind of died out IMO

Agreed, although there were brief glimpses of what the rivalry used to be back in 2009-10. The same thing is happening with the Isles. It's a shame because those were some of the most intense rivalries. One would think that playing the Caps in the playoffs so frequently would intensify that rivalry but I just feel meh about them.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
New York fans don't deserve this. I hope everyone who saw him do it removed their monacles in disgust whilst clamouring, "Well, I never!" I hope it didn't ruin their appetites for intermission caviar. Wretched uncivilzed beast that Rinaldo is. Next thing you know he'll be out there trying to engage our players in fisticuffs or delivering low blows upon them! Classless.

Uncouth behavior to be sure. Must be from Yale.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
if Quenneville gets fined for grabbing his balls to the refs, Rinaldo deserves a fine for flipping off the fans.

nothing more...but certainly a fine.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
Not very different from the Carcillo celly. Just ups the level of animosity and raises the heat. I have no problem with it, I actually like it. Shows they got to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad