Confirmed with Link: Riley Kidney Signed to a ATO & Heineman Going Back to Sweden to Resume His Recovery

DesmondDekker

Let's diddly go !
Sep 11, 2006
Canada
Curious to see how Kidney does against pro players who are physically stronger. Any word on if he is playing tonight !?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Too bad on Heineman as I really hoped to get a look at him in the AHL before summer.

Same here. But if it's for him to recover fully and come back 100% next year, then I'm willing to wait.

Curious to see how Kidney does against pro players who are physically stronger.

I wouldn't expect him to play. Maybe he'll get some game time. But I think he's there more to be with the Black Aces and be around the team and pick up on things and get some info on what it's like to be a pro.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Curious to see how Kidney does against pro players who are physically stronger. Any word on if he is playing tonight !?

I'm looking forward. But He just might not be ready physically. No sense in rushing him and risking injury.

If need be, we can let him develop physically as well as hockey wise before we put him in pro games. We may have a gem. So let's bring him along step by step. Let him dominate each stage and be physically ready before he goes to the next stage.

Last edited:

CaptnNemo

Nov 4, 2016
Could someone please explain what's an amateur contract?

What's the duration of the contract?

Didn't he sign his elc few weeks ago?

Thnx

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
Could someone please explain what's an amateur contract?

What's the duration of the contract?

Didn't he sign his elc few weeks ago?

Thnx
The ELC starts next year (or later because it slides if he stays in junior, which he should). He needs a contract to be around the team this year.. ATOs are just that: short term contracts (try out)

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
I still can't believe Heineman got smoked in his first game after getting traded to us and still hasn't played since then. Talk about bad luck man.
It's better he got injured then than now. From a positive point of view it's actually the best timing for such an injury.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
The Habs prospect pool will obviously be worth shit if everybody keeps getting injured.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Go lift some weight ya pencil neck geek !

MV5BY2Y0ODA2ZDMtODM2NC00MzI2LWJmNmMtYjE4NWU1ZjUwODAwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA2NjY2NzQ0._V1_UY1200_CR...jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad