Confirmed with Link: Rights to Philip Larsen traded to VAN for 5th Round Pick in 2017

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Collecting assets to acquire Hamonic obviously! I kid I kid.

...OEL.

Exquisite

Feb 9, 2016
Rough asset management in Vancouver. And the Oilers are semi benefiting from it. I dont know the specifics of each trade, but here is a rough break down

Forsling for Clendening- Forsling was good at WJC and pretty good point totals in SEL. Clending bounced around the league and Oilers signed him for free.

Kassian + 5th for Prust. Prust blows in Vancouver. Oilers got Kassian for nothing. Vancouver loses a 5th for nothing

3rd for Vey. Vey is pretty bad

Pick JV over Nylander with their 1st

Shinkaruk for Granlund

2nd for Bartschi

Theres a couple others. Just a lot of low impact losses.

This is different from before Benning where they lost Lu, Kesler and Schneider for little.

They dropped for SCF (and best team in reg season for years before), to a pretty brutal team pretty past. Sedins are just keeping them afloat

:laugh:

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
At this point, we have to laugh in order not to cry. Well, enjoy the next few seasons guys, we'll be looking up at you from the bottom of the league in no time.

Congrats on actually having an intellectual GM and coach. At least that's one of us.

And yeah, I invite you to lurk on over if you're ever looking for some entertainment. Good times ahead.

Sedins ar just too good and proven. Will be hard for Oielrs to pass (they just suck) or Vancouver to drop to bottom 3 with healthy sedins

PersuasiveSteve

Hey Connor!
Mar 4, 2014
Guys, think about it.

Hunter Shinkaruk for Mikael Granlund

5th Round (Maybe 4th Round) for Adam Larsson

Jim Benning is absolutely killing it. Making water into wine that guy.

(Nobody tell him...)

McDeathbyCheerios*

Schultz and Moroz for Edler and conditional 5th (Becomes a 2nd if Schultz resigns for 3 mill or less)

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Guys, think about it.

Hunter Shinkaruk for Mikael Granlund

5th Round (Maybe 4th Round) for Adam Larsson

Jim Benning is absolutely killing it. Making water into wine that guy.

(Nobody tell him...)

Next up a 2nd rounder for Nicklas Backstrom. He's gonna be really confused when he shows up to camp with goalie gear.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Next up a 2nd rounder for Nicklas Backstrom. He's gonna be really confused when he shows up to camp with goalie gear.
Edler, Hamhuis, 1st for Benn.

Then they wonder why he is playing defense..

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton

Considering the Oilers were one of the most disliked organizations in the league with regards to players and the union when it was just Lowe/Mact, wouldn't be at all surprising that there would be even more hard feelings from when the organization doubled down on arrogant *******s by bringing back Mactavish, and then letting him hire his own doppelganger.

Hopefully Chia/Mclellan can turn it around. I remember a time when players hated coming to Edmonton, but loved the organization. Would be nice to get back to that instead of constantly hearing about what a low opinion former players have of the people running the franchise, and being part of the group here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad