Value of: Rights to C Juuso Pärssinen?

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
If Nashville Predators would trade Juuso Pärssinen's rights (he is still unsigned)
what would his value be?

Pärssinen was/is a huge 7th round (210th overall) steal from the 2019 NHL draft.

The 6 foot 3 / 200 lbs center is having a breakout season in the Sm-Liiga, in Finland
34 assists in the regular season, for the 19-20 year old (8 goals),
already 4 play-off assists, for 3 play-offs games.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Why would the Preds trade his rights?

I mean, you'd have to have a real scout's view of what his strengths and weaknesses are presently, so maybe he has some fatal flaws that we're not aware of, but I don't see why we'd trade him for anything less than a solid 1st round pick. I certainly wouldn't take a 2nd for him. Why even take a late 1st? :dunno:

And it's not like the Preds are some kind of near-contender who might trade futures for an established player at a certain position. The team is retooling to some extent and trying to build prospect depth, so it's hard to imagine even using him as a component in a trade for some established player. I guess if we were going to go after some big-name player like an Eichel or Laine or something, he could be some part of a package, but it's really hard to equate a "value" to that, aside from again saying he's worth a solid 1st rounder to us within any such framework.

Black Kevin

I don't work my ass off
Nov 19, 2019
Raleigh
2 x 1st... this kid Juuso is the real deal... would go top-10 in a redraft for sure... he's a hidden gem and a well kept secret for sure... hasn't played a game in the nhl yet, but he's got potential thou...

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
If Nashville Predators would trade Juuso Pärssinen's rights (he is still unsigned)
what would his value be?

Pärssinen was/is a huge 7th round (210th overall) steal from the 2019 NHL draft.

The 6 foot 3 / 200 lbs center is having a breakout season in the Sm-Liiga, in Finland

2 x 1st... this kid Juuso is the real deal... would go top-10 in a redraft for sure... he's a hidden gem and a well kept secret for sure... hasn't played a game in the nhl yet, but he's got potential thou...

I am relying on the above bold as accurate.

1. Preds give NY permission to negotiate and sign which is simultaneous to his rights being dealt. Presum he takes standard elc w/possible bonuses

2. given that, then
NYR 2021 1st + Strome + exp dr exempt LD Rykov
for
Pärssinen

Rangers get a quality C prospect
Preds get immediate help + a pick

something like dat?

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
what would his value be?

he is signed for 2 more years in Finland. He just signed this contract in Feb

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
They have his rights to 2023
He didn’t finish growing at draft time. Some scouts might have had incorrect stats which is why he fell.

it happened when Buffalo picked Olofsson in 2014 7th. His measures had him st 5-7 when he really was 5-11.

Reactions: bernmeister

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Kid's REALLY good. Not sure why the Preds would trade him before they see what they have in him though.

He didn’t finish growing at draft time. Some scouts might have had incorrect stats which is why he fell.

it happened when Buffalo picked Olofsson in 2014 7th. His measures had him st 5-7 when he really was 5-11.

Surely if the scouts ever saw him play they'd notice he's 5'11 and not 5'7 though?:huh:

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

His measurements were correct. I think most places had him 6'1" or 6'2" at the draft so growing to 6'3" is not unusual.

He dropped because he had mediocre production in the Finnish U20 league, did not have a dynamic skill set, and if you look at the types of guys in the NHL right now, most of them were fairly productive Liiga players by the time they were 18.

What he has accomplished is certainly impressive for a D+2 7th round pick, but I think the expectations need to be tempered a bit. I think teams view his upside as Roope Hintz, with the hope that Parssinen can explode similarly to the way Hintz did this year. That being said, since Parssinen is still a prospect and has not shown the goal scoring potential of Hintz at this point, his value is probably only a mid-2nd round pick.

I don't see Nashville moving him at all, because why move on from a prospect with solid two-way 3C potential and has size, but I don't see him getting more than a 2nd round pick in all honesty. Similar to Lias Andersson, who had his top 10 prestige driving his value up a little bit.

Mick Jagr

Nice guy, tries hard, loves the game.
Jul 11, 2009
Peterborough, ONT
twitter.com
His measurements were correct. I think most places had him 6'1" or 6'2" at the draft so growing to 6'3" is not unusual.

He dropped because he had mediocre production in the Finnish U20 league, did not have a dynamic skill set, and if you look at the types of guys in the NHL right now, most of them were fairly productive Liiga players by the time they were 18.

What he has accomplished is certainly impressive for a D+2 7th round pick, but I think the expectations need to be tempered a bit. I think teams view his upside as Roope Hintz, with the hope that Parssinen can explode similarly to the way Hintz did this year. That being said, since Parssinen is still a prospect and has not shown the goal scoring potential of Hintz at this point, his value is probably only a mid-2nd round pick.

I don't see Nashville moving him at all, because why move on from a prospect with solid two-way 3C potential and has size, but I don't see him getting more than a 2nd round pick in all honesty. Similar to Lias Andersson, who had his top 10 prestige driving his value up a little bit.

Is it possible? Somebody FINALLY has some logical sense on HFboards? It can't be! :laugh:

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
The over the top one was sarcastic.

All Preds fans have said is "Wouldn't move him for a 2nd" which seems reasonable.
Yeah. It's not like we see him as any superstar or anything. We watched him at the WJC. He was ok, reminded me a little of Bonino, not a high-tempo player, but made some good solid heady plays. If that's his upside... a solid 3C... that's still really good for where we got him and worth more than a 2nd round pick.

Tysonson3

Feb 20, 2017
Kind of a weird proposal. Doesn’t make sense for a team to acquire him at the price it would take for the preds to move him.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Yes Buffalo has scouts........ Do you think the darts are magically thrown at their dart draft board.
Gee, it's almost like there weren't lots of reports about how they had the fewest scouts and were trying to do things all on video and that they've been criticized for it. I mean, if only there was a reputable source that talked about these things....

Oh wait:
"Sources told The News that the department has been handcuffed this season by budget restraints and a mandate to use more video to evaluate prospects, a process the Sabres previously implemented under former General Manager Darcy Regier.
The Sabres currently do not employ scouts in Finland, Russia, the Western Hockey League and Ontario Hockey League. The WHL recently launched its season, but there is no tentative start date for the OHL."

Sabres drop another scout amid changes to hockey operations under GM Kevyn Adams

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
I am relying on the above bold as accurate.

1. Preds give NY permission to negotiate and sign which is simultaneous to his rights being dealt. Presum he takes standard elc w/possible bonuses

2. given that, then
NYR 2021 1st + Strome + exp dr exempt LD Rykov
for
Pärssinen

Rangers get a quality C prospect
Preds get immediate help + a pick

something like dat?
Just give em junk....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad