Proposal: Right Wingers' Ball: (TOR) J. Bracco for (PIT) P.Hornqvist

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Before you come at me, yes I am aware of TOR's tight cap situation.

I think Kap will price himself off the team and cap relief will come once Kadri, Zaitsev, and Marleau sail away.

Pit can use Bracco as a future top 6 RW. He is one of TOR's top prospects and some call his vision "elite"

Tor can use Hornqvist for the remainder of his contract. He is a good winger with a net presence that TOR is lacking.

Bracco is good for PIT's future and Hornqvist is great for TOR's present team.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015

I think Kap will price himself off the team and cap relief will come once Kadri, Zaitsev, and Marleau sail away.

Pit can use Bracco as a future top 6 RW. He is one of TOR's top prospects and some call his vision "elite"

Tor can use Hornqvist for the remainder of his contract. He is a good winger with a net presence that TOR is lacking.

Leafs cannot add 5.3 million dollars in cap for a RWer (their deepest position in the organization).

Reactions: NHL WAR

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Bracco is not elite. Hornqvist worth a lot more than just Bracco
Which is great! Because i highly doubt Dubas is looking to deal a 22 year old that just went better than PPG in the AHL for 32 year old Hornqvist.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Yes they can. I just explained why. Also Kap is going to price himself out.

Yeah but even with zaitsev, marleau and Kadri potentially going away, the leafs are still looking at marner's new deal, johnsson new deal and still replacing the 3 players mentioned above. On top replacing some of their free agent d-men. Hornqvist while nice doesn't fit their future cap.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
I’m still confused on how the solution to Kapanen pricing himself out is to give up assets for a player who makes as much or more than what Kapanen will get?

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Toronto should pass, Hornqvist is on his way to becoming a cap dump. Just like Hartnell who was a good get for CBJ until he wasn't.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Bracco isn't worth Honrqvist, but he might be at the end of the year and the Leafs can afford the gamble that he busts. They can't afford Hornqvist's salary

I would guess the Leafs would still do it and just flip Hornqvist for a better prospect, but doesn't fit needs on either side. I also think that players & agents around the league would be very reluctant to sign with the Pens if they just turn around and deal guys like this, that's a bad faith move

Key words : 22y old , AHL
21y old* - it was Bracco's 21yo season, which a ppg season is a significant positive indicator if you look at the group of guys that has done this in the cap era. Bracco isn't a long-odds prospect anymore

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Pens perspective: not against moving Horny in the right deal. This is not the right deal. Give us a player who can make an impact now and well talk. I wouldn't mind getting Kap back for example.

Reactions: Tweed and domaug

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
That’s an awful trade for Toronto. They can keep both Bracco and Kapanen for cheaper than Hornqvist. Not sure why you think this is a good deal for Toronto

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
As others have said, I think Hornqvist is probably worth more. And Toronto would be dumb to trade for 5.3m extra dollars, they need cheap guys like Bracco.

I would be very interested in a deal around Kapanen if Toronto thinks he will price himself out. What would it take leafs fans?

Or I mentioned in a couple other threads Kessel for Kapanen + 2nd. Toronto then trades Kessel at full price to get rid of their 1.2m retention against the cap

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Which is great! Because i highly doubt Dubas is looking to deal a 22 year old that just went better than PPG in the AHL for 32 year old Hornqvist.
Wow... ok then... PHI would love to trade former AHL MVP Phil Varone who is 1.04 PPG over the last 4 AHL seasons for a 50 point winger who has everything TOR lacks :laugh::laugh::laugh:.

Bruh, these analyses get me sometimes.

For the people in the back, the AHL v NHL comp is nowhere near as close as it was 10-15 years ago. Marginal producers aren’t left in the AHL for 4th Line energy guys. The replacement level players are now in the AHL while those marginal producers, like Varone get a shot in the NHL. Jordan Weal is another prime example.

Goalies are somewhat worse, Dmen are especially worse, but scoring F are better. Those margins mean good producers at the AHL level (young guys especially) aren’t golden boys.

Of course, talk up good production no matter the league... I would. However, the analysis you gave is quite funny.

I’m speaking on behalf of the players- not adding in age, contract, and so on. That, value wise, you have a point for.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Wow... ok then... PHI would love to trade former AHL MVP Phil Varone who is 1.04 PPG over the last 4 AHL seasons for a 50 point winger who has everything TOR lacks :laugh::laugh::laugh:.

Bruh, these analyses get me sometimes.

For the people in the back, the AHL v NHL comp is nowhere near as close as it was 10-15 years ago. Marginal producers aren’t left in the AHL for 4th Line energy guys. The replacement level players are now in the AHL while those marginal producers, like Varone get a shot in the NHL. Jordan Weal is another prime example.

Goalies are somewhat worse, Dmen are especially worse, but scoring F are better. Those margins mean good producers at the AHL level (young guys especially) aren’t golden boys.

Of course, talk up good production no matter the league... I would. However, the analysis you gave is quite funny.

I’m speaking on behalf of the players- not adding in age, contract, and so on. That, value wise, you have a point for.
Varone as a 27 year old was worse than Bracco as a 21 year old. Also, Hornqvist isn't a 50 point player currently and Toronto doesn't need him at that salary in the slightest

Reactions: Liferleafer

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Pens perspective: not against moving Horny in the right deal. This is not the right deal. Give us a player who can make an impact now and well talk. I wouldn't mind getting Kap back for example.
Bracco is expected to have that impact next season. A year from now he will be looked at like Kapanen and Johnsson are now. He's going to be an NHL'er next season in Toronto's top-9, I imagine he would if he went to Pittsburgh as well.

Leafs aren't going to move him for a player in his 30's, unless they're all star level talent.

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016

Just sign Kap for less than 5.3 mil. Boom. Problem solved.

No deal.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
You sell Bracco like hes gonna be a top6 in the NHL.

Like any TOR prospect on mainboard what.

Way to miss the point. Leafs have cap issues...will need ELCs to tie things together. So please tell me more about adding a 32 year old with over 5 milliin in cap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad