Rielly suspended 5 games -- Appeal Denied

Rielly’s response to Greig was…

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Of course I'm happy, we have at least one player that's not a cupcake. It's not much, but it's better than nothing.

Rielly's a great player and a great teammate, he's the kind you win with. If it doesn't happen here, I hope he can pull a Bourque and win a cup somewhere else before he's done.

Last edited:

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Of course I'm happy, we have at least one player that's not a cupcake. It's not much, but it's better nothing.

Rielly's a great player and a great teammate, he's the kind you win with. If it doesn't happen here, I hope he can pull a Bourque and win a cup somewhere else before he's done.
Captain Morgan .. only guy on this squad worthy of being a Leaf captain .. fact is Shanny do da right thing and make him captain now .. all da butter cups on da ice at same time all decided to watch and do nothing .. at least JT supported (maybe assistant captain for him) .. da heart beat of our Leafs and our onlu chance at playoff success is a monster playoffs from Morgan .. and i mean last years 1st round performance times 4 series

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Captain Morgan .. only guy on this squad worthy of being a Leaf captain .. fact is Shanny do da right thing and make him captain now .. all da butter cups on da ice at same time all decided to watch and do nothing .. at least JT supported (maybe assistant captain for him) .. da heart beat of our Leafs and our onlu chance at playoff success is a monster playoffs from Morgan .. and i mean last years 1st round performance times 4 series
I think we'd also need Woll to pull a Dryden/Roy.

Westlander

the olden time
Aug 31, 2004
The Netherlands
I voted over the top but I’m actually still glad he did it. He just went a little too far with getting the stick up and unfortunately may miss some games now. Only time will tell if this was worth it in the long run.

Reactions: MoreGore

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I like his response, I dislike the method.
I very much dislike when any player uses their stick as a weapon. That use is something I wish were out of the game. If you use your stick to swing, two-hand, whether, you should be out of the game. Punching, wrestling, I’m fine with.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I very much dislike when any player uses their stick as a weapon. That use is something I wish were out of the game. If you use your stick to swing, two-hand, whether, you should be out of the game. Punching, wrestling, I’m fine with.
Sometimes in heat of da moment as DD said best earlier this season "sometimes you just gotta waste one on somebody"

Borschevsky

Aug 9, 2005
Pretty much the same opinion here. Could have been almost any other type of response and there wouldn't be as big of a controversy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad