Proposal: Rielly for Morrissey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willy Styles

Nov 5, 2014
York Region
Apparently Morrissey is better than Rielly?

Im sure the Leafs could use a change up in culture, Rielly is an atrocious -17 on the season whereas Morrissey is +8 while playing harder 5v5 minutes.

Thoughts??? Do the leafs need to add???

RedHot

Fire Dave Cameron (Fired)**
Aug 6, 2014
Calgary
Reilly is a bit overrated, but I'd still take him going forward. Leafs certainly wouldn't add either.

Jul 10, 2003
KW

Im sure the Leafs could use a change up in culture, Rielly is an atrocious -17 on the season whereas Morrissey is +8 while playing harder 5v5 minutes.

I haven't followed his play this year, but is that true? Considering he's behind Trouba and Buff...

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Pass from this Leaf's fan. Rielly is playing on a high ankle sprain but fans aren't really realising how hard that is.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Far too early to give up on Rielly. He just turned 23 and has been playing on a bad knee for a while now. That's not an excuse as he's been awful(which has nothing to do with his skating), but it doesn't help. Still has a future as a #2 whether it's here or somewhere else. I get the feeling that if we did deal him, we'd regret it pretty quickly like we did with Steen and Rask. The fact that he's signed to a reasonable cap hit is another reason to be patient. He needs help, and I think there's no doubt that Lou goes after a Tanev or someone similar this summer.

Gabriel Landeskog

Aug 25, 2006
Jets pass pretty easily. Why trade a player with same potential at the very least still on ELC and expansion exempt.

Imcanadianeh

Nov 1, 2015
I find it funny that this thread isn't serious and it's just a pissed off leaf fan that is trying to prove a point that rielly is better than morrissey.

He's been arguing about how great rielly is all day in a poll thread.

Last edited:

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Honestly, I think Jets would pass. Rielly is better right now but Morrisey is comign along well. Morrisey will continue to be developed properly and they will get max potential from him. Rielly was drafted with higher upside, but with how hes been handled the last 2 years and the regression thats followed, I seriously question his upside now. I think in the end theyll end up similar level players, but Morrisey does have some more potential

feds91

May 17, 2004

it's actually -25, but anyway I still would rather have Rielly. I think he has better upside.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

At least tell the truth. Rielly is -25 this year....-17 last year.

bogostick

Jun 13, 2014
I haven't followed his play this year, but is that true? Considering he's behind Trouba and Buff...

He played with buff on the first pair for a good chunk of the season. Now he's paired with trouba which would be the first pair now.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Reilly is better offensively, Morrissey is better defensively. Right now Morrissey looks better but it's early and Reilly is playing hurt.

I think they both top out as good #2D. Trade value comes down to stylistic preference and Morrissey being on his ELC - the Leafs would have to add IMO (not that it'd ever happen).

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Kyle Connor is -8 this year so give us him for Leipsic because he has the same potential, maybe more.

Am I doing HFBoards correctly tonight?

Mar 26, 2010
Kyle Connor is -8 this year so give us him for Leipsic because he has the same potential, maybe more.

Am I doing HFBoards correctly tonight?

But but... you are not allowed to do that. :laugh:

Only allowed if the Leafs player is getting **** on.

Honestly, I would trade Rielly at this point. I would consider any reasonable offer.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

How can he be behind Buff and Trouba? Trouba and Buff are 1-2 as RHD. Morrissey has a rookie as moved into the #1 LHD spot. The kid plays a very strong game. In all honesty I'd be reluctant to move him at just about any price. Very strong skater, great puck mover, has an amazing defensive stick and is a very smart kid. He as career top pairing guy written all over him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad