Player Discussion Ridly Greig Appreciation Thread

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I personally would like to extend a heart felt thank you, and to express my appreciation for Ridly (and Morgan Rielly of course) turning the leafs season around!
It's a bit premature to suggest that they've turned the season around, but that incident definitely lit a fire under the players. Let's hope it continues when Tavares and Rielly return.

Not to mention the nice rest Mo is getting too :D Win win all around :thumbu:
He's probably getting more than rest with a wife like Tessa Virtue. ;)

Reactions: LivingRentFree

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Certainly seems to have served as a wakeup call.

Unfortunately we have seen them be temporary. Think he could do something else right before the playoffs? Maybe hold a press conference trashing the Leafs or something.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
You cannot deny that this was a real turning point in the season.

The players stepped up, and Keefe was forced to try new forward lines and pairings.

The previous narrative of Toronto should be sellers at the deadline has been buried.

Toronto could add pieces at the deadline and do damage in the playoffs.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
My only regret for Morgan .. given he got a ridiculous 5 game suspension anywho from Jacobs/Bettman .. he should have cracked him a super hard cross check right to da head straight up .. no bouncing one of da arm/shoulder .. let da kid get a concussion for his BS .. then next time he will remember getting sick for a couple weeks out of lineup and would reconsider his disrespectful behavior .. as things stand now he really got nothing out of it except an LOL at us

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Ridley Greig lit the fire under the Leafs ass and the boys have responded. It truly was a pivotal moment, losing to a rival and being disrespected like that, Rielly makes a statement and boys rally together for him, 5-0 since in dominant fashion.

The way the team has been playing since that incident, you can truly see the difference.

Madap

May 24, 2019
Toronto, ON, Canada
the loss was more of a wake up call then the incident IMO.
Why do you think that? Leafs have been getting embarrassed by shit teams for years. Nothing new about that.

This is the only time with an incident like this, and the leafs have responded. It’s not just the wins. It’s also very clear they have a little more fire recently, and the players themselves have admitted that they’ve all admitted that Rielly was the reason.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Leafs played 5 bad teams, it's not much of a surprise they went 5 - 0. Yes I know they struggled vs bad teams but still. They didn't need Rielly to beat them in the first place.

Their next 8 games are Knights, Avs, Knights, Sun Devils, Rangers, Bruins, Sabres, Bruins..... I would not be surprised if they went like 3-4-1, Matthews comes back to earth, and maybe the shutout streak ends.

Everyone will freak out. "OMG Rielly came back and we suck now. Trade him, healthy scratch him". No just put things in perspective.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Maybe Rielly vs Ridly can be our Draper Lemieux moment. Sounds implausible but the league is a lot tamer than it used to be, so maybe you don’t need quite the same level of fireworks to bring a team closer together emotionally towards a championship goal.

Reactions: ThrowDemTongs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad