Ridiculous save from Lundqvist against the Avs

Tweed

Jun 25, 2006
But this comment does?

By saying I don't think it's a thread worthy save I'm actually offering my opinion on the save itself. It's your comment that is entirely piintless and contributes nothing.

I agree with you. Not only that, but an opinion that an event isn't worthy of discussion, IS actually a positive contribution. The more people express where their interests lie in terms of content being served on this forum, the more we as a community will shape the parameters of what is acceptable and not acceptable.

I think Hank is the best goalie of this era, but I also don't think this is a particularly spectacular save. Damn good save? Yes. Was I disappointed after I read the thread title and then watched video? Also Yes.

It was sound positioning, good awareness and tracking, a good push off because his footwork was good, and good athleticism to make the reach on the second chance. Not a routine save by any stretch. If I wanted to watch good save compilations, I would just watch all the condensed games on NHL.tv, or something. I come here to watch spectacular plays and engage in interesting subjects. This save... was it either of those things? Not so much.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Disappointed by the save to be honest. You might see one like that every couple games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad