Value of: Rickard Rakell

DaNaultinus

The Human Fund Donor
Mar 25, 2013
Pretty much expected. You guys have a real gem. I was hoping something around Pacioretty could work but thats pretty wishful thinking ahah

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
To be fair those were picks. Straight up thats horrible but theres no guarantee that Toronto would have picked either one.

I can however pretty much guarantee that whoever they picked besides fopr Biggs would have been better :laugh:

But anyway I'm derailing the tread, I'll stop

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
Pick-wise, pick 5-10. Players, maybe an older first- liner. Maybe a little less than Voracek?

This isn't even close. Even if it was for Voracek (who I agree is a good player), and not a little less than, his salary would damage the rest of our roster. We would pay over 4M more, and that would hurt our push to win with this core. Rakell also has a better PPG currently. Rakell also looks like he has more room to develop and Voracek is the player he is at this point.

We would hurt our cap, get the less productive of the two, get the player with less upside and get the older player (presumably shortening his career with the team). A 5-10 pick isn't worth that even if it is for Voracek. Less than Voracek makes it even worse.

Another poster hit it on the head when they said Rakell is exactly what we need and we couldn't consider getting rid of him.

Redline

Feb 26, 2003
boardroom
Visit site
I hadn't paid close attention to Rackell prior to this season but now that I do I see how good he is.
Like somebody said the Ducks need more players like him so chances are better if looking elsewhere.
Rackell or an equal player are going to cost a pretty penny.

wraparound

May 17, 2014
I hadn't paid close attention to Rakell prior to this season but now that I do I see how good he is.
Like somebody said the Ducks need more players like him so chances are better if looking elsewhere.
Rakell or an equal player are going to cost a pretty penny.

Fixed it ;)

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I consider him our most skilled forward, and a player that most fan bases probably don't know enough about.... hes still got a lot of potential to grow into, there is so much to like about his game... and just his versatile skill set in general makes him a perfect player for our line up... he can play any style/line you want him on, and can make his own offense, he is solid defensively. After last season I thought his confidence was at an all time high and he would have a breakout season now, he has really found his spot playing on the wing instead of center.

He is just one of those players that is very fun/exciting to watch and his overall skills at all aspects of the game are impressive. I cant see a situation where we sell that given his age, contract, skills and versatility. I hope he is 1 of the pieces to take over the reigns when getz perry and kesler slow down.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I hadn't paid close attention to Rackell prior to this season but now that I do I see how good he is.
Rackell or an equal player are going to cost a pretty penny.

Yea he kinda flew under the radar his first couple seasons( granted that was partially anaheims fault for how we used him) but hes really come into his own the last season and beginning of this one. I hope more people start to notice him and appreciate him.

FLAMES666

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary
His value is through the roof. He is signed to a great deal and looks to be turning into a 30+ goal scorer 70+ pt player. No way he is traded.

rhinoshawarma

Nov 15, 2014
His value is through the roof. He is signed to a great deal and looks to be turning into a 30+ goal scorer 70+ pt player. No way he is traded.

Awesome player, all around stud but i wouldnt go as far as saying 70+pts, more 25g-30g 30-35a so 60+ player

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
A consistent 30 goals a season is a bit much for this era of hockey for someone who doesn't have a great shot (not that Rakell's shots are below average, but they aren't the best element of his game). Rakell's goals are more opportunistic than your average goal-scoring forward. I think he's good for a consistent 25, with the occasional 30 here and there.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Probably an untouchable from Anaheim but hypothetically what would it take to acquire him?

A better young forward who is signed long term (doesn't make too much) with us adding something on top of Rakell for us to get that better young forward. That is the value for another team to get Rakell because we need to improve our forward group not weaken it. If another team won't downgrade on forward to get other piece(s) then Rakell stays in Anaheim.

Oct 18, 2011
can't put a true value on him because of the contract he is on, and we don't know how this season will progress. but he is playing great right now and if he hit 30 goals obviously he would have a high value

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
13 points in 14 games is not enough of a sample size to back-up some of the outlandish claims being made in this thread (30 goal scorer, 70 point player, more productive than Voracek, etc.)

Pump the brakes.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
13 points in 14 games is not enough of a sample size to back-up some of the outlandish claims being made in this thread (30 goal scorer, 70 point player, more productive than Voracek, etc.)

Pump the brakes.

Most people said he was more of a 20-25 60p guy... relax... and watch him great low key player.... with tons of potential still

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad