Value of: Rickard Rakell to Flyers

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
I am curious about his current value.

Anaheim fans, what would you want from the Flyers in exchange for Rakell? What are your biggest needs? I really like him as a player, that's not surprising, very good young forward who would fit nicely with our young core (Schenn, Couturier, Gostisbehere, Provorov, Konecny, Sanheim, Morin, Myers ...). He would be tremendous 3rd line C or top 6 winger for us.

I know that he's not going to come cheap.

Let's keep in mind that Flyers are pretty tight in the cap hit, so Anaheim would have to take some salary back, most likely, (Streit, Read...).

Thanks everyone for answers and opinions.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia

Anaheim fans, what would you want from the Flyers in exchange for Rakell? What are your biggest needs? I really like him as a player, that's not surprising, very good young forward who would fit nicely with our young core (Schenn, Couturier, Gostisbehere, Provorov, Konecny, Sanheim, Morin, Myers ...). He would be tremendous 3rd line C or top 6 winger for us.

Let's keep in mind that Flyers are pretty tight in the cap hit, so Anaheim would have to take some salary back, most likely, (Streit, Read...).

Anaheim wouldn't be able to do that.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
I don't know if we'd make good trade partners. We're both strong in defensive prospects, really Rakell is the type of player the Ducks need more of. And we're in a bit of a salary crunch ourselves so we wouldn't be able to take back salary.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
We need Rakell for the same reason the Flyers do. Plus we're the last team to take on salary. No trade to be made here.

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011
The flyers could offer Laughton who has good p/60 and is playing lw (not center). Rakell is the better player but Laughton is cheaper and younger. The flyers would probably have to add a pick but in terms of value it is not necessarily that far off.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Alright, guys, thanks. I forgot about the Ducks situation, and yes, we are not the best trading partners... Hypothetically speaking, what's Rakell value? Let's say, if you had to trade him...

Ducks would need a young 2nd line wing in return.

Hm, not good, the best we can offer is probably Laughton ++. Laughton is currently bottom 6 forward but still young and with solid upside. I mean... Laughton + forward prospect + pick, but I am just getting into the 'quality for quantity' type of trade, sigh.

Our best forward prospects (not counting Konecny) are Rubtsov, Laberge, Aube-Kubel, and young forwards on the NHL level are Cousins or Laughton.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
To Philadelphia: C/RW Rickard Rakell resign 3x3.25mil, Clayton Stoner 2x3.25mil and Ondrej Kase 2x670k
Salary to Philly: $7,170,000mil

To Anaheim: C/LW Scott Laughton 1x863,333k, Mark Streit 1x5.25mil, Petr Straka 1x650k and a 1st round draft pick.
Salary to Anaheim: $6,763,333mil

Philadelphia gets Rakell for the wing and signs Rakell to 3x3.35mil adds Stoner to relieve Anaheim of salary, and David Kase's brother Ondrej Kase. Salary differential to Philadelphia $406,667

Anaheim gets prospect Laughton which could be a good player in the western conference, Streit to make the salary even out a little bit plus Streit is a good veteran defensemen, Anaheim also gets another prospect in Petr Straka, Plus Anaheim gets a 1st round pick in 2017 to compensate for the loss of Rakell

Last edited:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
We make terrible trading partners... both aree strong on defense and sordof short handed offensively... rakell is exactly thee type of player we need.

I do love schenn tho :)

Incetardis

Sep 17, 2013
Rackell & Fowler
For
B. Schenn, Laughton, conditional 2nd in '17 or '18

Schenn seems like the ideal forward to play with Getzlaf or kesler. Laughton is they're 3C moving forward and they shed some salary to resign Lindholm. Philly gets an upgrade on D still young enough to fit with the solid young developing young D and another young talented top 6 player to fill the void left by Schenn. Close?

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
We make terrible trading partners... both aree strong on defense and sordof short handed offensively... rakell is exactly thee type of player we need.

I do love schenn tho :)

Looking at both Anaheim's and Philadelphia's rosters it's hard to find a trade that would suit both teams, with salary and team needs in mind..

Plus Anaheim still has to re-sign Lindholm which will cost Anaheim in the neighborhood of around 6.5mil to 7 mil a season.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Rackell & Fowler
For
B. Schenn, Laughton, conditional 2nd in '17 or '18

Schenn seems like the ideal forward to play with Getzlaf or kesler. Laughton is they're 3C moving forward and they shed some salary to resign Lindholm. Philly gets an upgrade on D still young enough to fit with the solid young developing young D and another young talented top 6 player to fill the void left by Schenn. Close?

Couturier, Schenn for Rakell, Fowler.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
To Philadelphia: C/RW Rickard Rakell resign 3x3.25mil, Clayton Stoner 2x3.25mil and Ondrej Kase 2x670k
Salary to Philly: $7,170,000mil

To Anaheim: C/LW Scott Laughton 1x863,333k, Mark Streit 1x5.25mil, Petr Straka 1x650k and a 1st round draft pick.
Salary to Anaheim: $6,763,333mil

Thats awful. Here takes these scraps and a 38 year old 5M+ cap dump for your younger better players. Ducks are at the limit of overpaid 3rd paring defensemen now - I see no reason to not only give up Rakell and Kase but trade Stoner for an older, more expensive worse D with a NTC.

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011
Absurd and silly to to offer one of schenn or couturier let alone both. At best, he can return a first rounder or good cheap roster player and a second. He is not elite but a good second line player.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Streit is only getting paid 2m. He got a bonus on July 1.

He's still 38, worse than Stoner, has a NTC and a 5.25 cap hit. ANA has 8D on the roster now, with Theodore and Montour waiting for a turn. They need to sell off at least one or 2 badly - the last thing they need it to trade a serviceable one off for a dumpster fire.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.

If Anaheim trades Rakell we are not taking back a good amount of salary because we are a budget team and still have Lindholm to sign so no Read and we are not taking back a defenseman we have enough defenseman as is. Ducks and Flyers are not good trading partners.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad