Player Discussion Rick Nash II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Depending on his health it seems like a good opportunity for him to sign a 1 year deal to play on a contender.

he has that option here or in Columbus... I don't blame him 1 second for taking half the year off to decide. at the 40 game mark he will have a better idea where he has the best chance to win

and his cap hit will be easier for either team to absorb once half of it has passed on the calander

my gut says he returns 'home' to his original team but I don't think we should shut the door to a possible return here just yet. probably depends how well donato/Bjork do taking his spot on the krecji line

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Still hope he re-signs. The 1-year deal seems like it would actually work for both parties.

I believe in both Donato and Bjork, but the lack of size and goal scoring on the wing is just as much of a problem now as it was at the deadline when they paid a premium for him. Even more so if Backes moves to the middle (please!). Would pitch him next Bergeron and Marchand. I'd like to see Pastrnak working opposite DeBrusk.

Find it it a little odd they were supposedly serious about Kovalchuck and Tavares and the only additions up front were depth players.

Midship

Jan 7, 2016
Couldn't be much more indifferent about a Rick Nash signing. Only thing that would evoke a strong reaction would be a long term/high aav deal (negative obviously)

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
What do we think we might be looking at here? 1/5? 2/8?

BDR was certainly passing the eye test from my couch, pre concussion of course. I also fear he could get in the way of some younger forwards. If it’s a year under 5 mil, i probably bite and skate him with Krejci.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009

You know you're allowed to not look at the thread right?

What do we think we might be looking at here? 1/5? 2/8?

BDR was certainly passing the eye test from my couch, pre concussion of course. I also fear he could get in the way of some younger forwards. If it’s a year under 5 mil, i probably bite and skate him with Krejci.

If its a one year deal the money doesn't really matter to me. I wouldnt go beyond that as of now because clearly we need to save $$ for next year with Carlo/McaVoy/Donato/Heinen up for re sign.

Reactions: TD Charlie

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
I hope he takes a bit of time, feels healthy and capable, and re-signs here. Either 20-40 games in just for the remainder of the season or if he decides in the next month then anywhere from a 1-3 year deal as long as it's not north of about $5M.
I don't mind if he blocks the kids a bit there'll still be opportunities for them. Just think he'd help the team over the next couple seasons.

And if there is conversation about moving Backes, or McQuaid, or Krejci, Chara retiring, this team could be extremely short of a veteran presence in the near future and as much as I like the kids, teams usually get themselves in trouble relying too much on yutes to lead the way. I much prefer an age balance throughout the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad